the "God I Wanna Puke" game thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 28, 2014.

1. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Charge called on Zona with like 4 seconds left. Zona got the ball back on a turnover, but the charge call, IMO, was wrong.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It was an iffy charge under old rules. It's not a charge today. One foot was actually off the ground. How can feet be planted as he's shoving his hips up under a player to fake a charge?

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That was a ludicrous call.

4. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Did he push off or not?

5. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Looked to me like he did, but he didn't give himself any advantage by doing so. It should've been a no-call.

6. hallowed_hill

Horseshit. He went from being blanketed to having 5 ft of space.

7. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Wrong thread.

8. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I've only watched it once, and that was last night when it happened. I still think it was a bush league call. IIRC, dude was off balance and shooting awkwardly. I doubt he would've hit it anyway, but crazier things have happened.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Foul worthy push? No. Was there a flop involved? Absolutely.

10. hallowed_hill

Yep, wisconsin's best defender was looking for a call instead of contesting the game winner with 3 s left. Makes sense.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We've learned over the weekend that's how the B1G does it.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

What? If a best defender can be warded off that easily, he has definitely made a reputation by flopping.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Wisconsin's defender made contact with the ball handler before a move was made to clear space. If there was to be a call, it should have been a foul on Wisconsin prior to the push. That's an absolute no call if I've ever seen one, especially considering the point of the game.

14. hallowed_hill

Johnson was at a 30 degree angle to the floor moving toward Gasser and clearly throws a forearm push. I get it that people don't like fouls at the end of the game, but he his push is what cleared space for him to shoot.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

There is no way he cleared that much space without embellishment.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Go back and watch it. Wisconsin defender makes contact with the ball handler prior to the push. I don't think a foul should have been called on Wisconsin, but that was just as much of a foul as what the Arizona kid did to him. That's just an example of officials deciding the whistle is going to blow before anything happens.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

MI can't board and KY is in the game for it. We got hordes of goofy looking bounces that kept us from killing them on the glass. Stokes getting no calls helped them, but balls bounced everywhere.

KY might score 100 in the paint and we just didn't.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Finally watched the play on YouTube and this was exactly my take on it. It really isn't debatable.

19. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

**** Michigan.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Don't like KY with last shot.

Randle tip in.