The Heroin Epidemic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Aug 25, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

He's still alive?* I hope so, and I hope he was able to kick the habit.

When it first came out, t was pushed on doctors heavy. Several prominent articles -- written by respected doctors -- touted the drug highly for those suffering long term pain. How they missed the part that it's a focking opiate, and opiates are the most addictive types of drugs made, and have been since people like Wyatt Earp's wife in Tombstone we're junked out on it is beyond me.

*I don't ask that flippantly. Most who get on heroin don't live a great deal longer.

2. kidbourbon

Not really.

3. kidbourbon

Oh jesus tap-dancing christ. ayfkm? Opiate addiction is just that simple, huh?

[​IMG]

4. kidbourbon

Again, this is oversimplistic fantasy. The idea that opiate addiction can just be blamed on irresponsible doctors or patients seeking out a buzz. Has nobody seen Dr. House? Did nobody watch Unguarded?

Okay, maybe those are bad examples, but plenty of people try to 'do it properly' and end up just as much of an opiate junkie as the next guy. People tend to build up a tolerance to opiates -- seemingly moreso than other drugs -- aggressively and as a matter of course. And opiates tend to be more addictive than other drugs. This is leads to problems.

5. kidbourbon

No need to be wasteful. I'll PM you my address.

6. kidbourbon

Shingles

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This wasn't funny the first time you tried it. Just a heads up.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There are plenty of docs out there who are more than willing to help feed your addiction if they can make a buck. More than willing.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Huge money to be made in a cash only business, if they're willi to go down that rabbit hole.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

If you think one has an equal effect as the other, you're a world class ****tard.

11. GahLee

I've seen first hand what it does to people. They let it destroy them.

12. GahLee

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, even Marcellus knows not to go "full ruhtard". Balls deep!!!!

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

A lot are.

14. GahLee

Absolutely. I pulled a muscle in my back and had to miss work, went to the doc so I could get it excused, this guy writes me a scrip for an inflammatory and a pain meds. I had never heard of them so I looked them up, what I found was people saying that they got high even through the pain. All I did was tell what happened and where it hurt, he couldn't break the pad out quick enough. I didn't even bother breaking them open.

You can go in to a walk-in clinic right now and put on a little show and have pain meds that will have you floating within the hour.

15. kidbourbon

You have no idea how unconcerned I am with you opinion.

16. kidbourbon

You think this is about doctors making a buck? Huh? Please pretty please explain how that rationale makes sense.

17. kidbourbon

What do you mean by "effect" and how is it relevant to a spiraling addiction?

Because if you wanted to show us all world class focking retardation, then tell us all about how you can avoid opiate addiction by merely ingesting rather than insufflating it. And I can't wait.

18. kidbourbon

And so then who do you blame it on when it's heroin?

19. kidbourbon

Doctors get paid the same whether they prescribe 30 or 90 pills.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Trust me I understand the system. There's doctors that only accept cash and deal with pain contracts. They're making a killing