The Hurt Just Keeps Hurting

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TangoUniform, Sep 28, 2015.

1. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/florida-ranked-no-25-relevant-again-under-coach-205710627--ncaaf.html

- This is how things are supposed to be at Florida: Reveling in big wins. Ranked in the polls. Relevant in the Southeastern Conference.

- Overcoming a 13-point deficit in the final 5 minutes to beat Tennessee has Florida feeling good again, and rightfully so. The Gators had lost six of their last 11 home games and didn't have any success overcoming double-digit leads under former coach Will Muschamp.

- Now, McElwain and his team have what's widely considered one of the best home wins in school history on their resume. The 28-27 nail-biter ranks right up there with a 17-16 win against South Carolina in 2006, a 32-29 victory over Florida State in 1997, a 14-9 win against the Seminoles in 1991, an 18-17 win against Auburn in 1986, a 30-27 victory over Auburn in 1966 and an 18-17 win against Georgia Tech in 1960.

.. one of the greatest wins, comparable to when they beat Tech back when the Catholics were still hearing the Mass only in Latin!

Here 'tis Monday and I just can't get over this one.. After all this shit that has happened to this program over the past 10 years, I can't remember still being like this come late Monday.

..maybe that's because there's really nothing to look forward to.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

We'll see replays of that 4th and 14 TD every year in vignettes leading up to the florida v UT game. It'll be like the auburn missed field goal return against Alabama.

The gift that keeps on givin', Clark.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm so ****ing tired of shitty teams thinking they beat us because of some amazing resolve and talent.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

They figure it out once the rest of their schedule beats the dog shit out of 'em.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I find this quote quite humorous considering jorts nation had one voice in saying Tennessee had descended into irrelevance as a rival by their estimation.

6. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

great point.

and funny how I was thinking the same thing last night... who was it who actually said it? Miami guy or FSU guy, i think?
    "To be a rivalry, you have to win one every once in a while."

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Now if McElwain could just beat coffee stains and gingivitis.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

When he talks, he reminds me of that animated jackass at the start of Hee Haw so much it's scary.