The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Bertuzzi to Boston deal seems good for both the Bruins and Wings.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yzerman making lots of good moves, stockpiling picks in a good draft year.

And just locked up his captain for the next 8 years too.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He absolutely fleeced Vancouver.

The Dooz likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Big city greens hockey game is kinda crazy.

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

That has to be devastating for the Gophers. 3 minutes from the title and you give up the game tying goal. Then lose it ten seconds into overtime.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

"Because of cap/resting guys/Murray being injured, the Leafs used an emergency backup in goal tonight. 23 year old who plays for the U of Toronto signed to an amateur tryout contract. Up big, the Leafs went ahead and put him in for the last minute so he could get the experience of playing in the NHL."

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

63 wins, not bad.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

How cool would it be in an alternate universe where TBA also converted into an ice hockey arena and D1 SEC college hockey was a thing that existed and mattered very much? College hockey has always looked like so much fun from afar for all the niche schools that actually have a program. A sold out TBA for Vols hockey would be a blast if only the school/college sports dynamics allowed us a chance to have a program we could follow and emotionally invest in.

I get that reality is impossible for a multitude of reasons and will never actually come to fruition, but it is fun to think about regardless.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

BTW, the Ice Vols (our amateur club affiliated UT hockey team) rocks one of the sweetest University of Tennessee uniforms ever. Such an epically awesome logo they have.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Don't know if they're retail yet, but they used to put them on sale every so often for fundraisers and they sold out absurdly fast.

Even manage to do they grays well

upload_2023-4-10_9-46-14.jpeg

Poppa T likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Those are cool. My son is hoping to wear the T in lacrosse. I’m not sure about the 2nd image in the helmet. Like the T or Vols

Attached Files:

Poppa T, ole_orange and InVolNerable like this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

If I’m remembering correctly the UT Vol Shop has them on retail briefly every now and then with a % of proceeds going towards funding the expenses of the Ice Vols. The problem is the supply is always limited and sells out almost instantly because of how sweet they are. I don’t know why UT can’t sell those full time. Plenty of folks out there like me who would gladly drop a hundred bucks or two on an Ice Vols sweater. Although personally the only one I want to purchase is an orange hockey jersey. White and grey is fine and all, but the orange one is the only one I’d actually want to buy.

Must be something where either the UT hockey club or the supplier that makes those uniforms can’t iron out a merchandising/licensing agreement with the actual University itself since the UT hockey club is its own entity separate from the actual athletic department. Because those would sell as well-if not better- than merchandise like checkerboard overalls

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

There are some really good first round matchups.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Florida has played really well so far.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Jesus Christ Toronto

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I mean Jesus ****ing Christ

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Well this has been a disaster of a third period.

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

LA will rue letting that one get away. Credit to the Oilers. They looked dead in the water in the first period.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Son of a [itch bay]. Can’t let opportunities like that slip away.

20. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I don’t shit about hockey, but that seemed like a bad decision for the goalie to leave the net there?