The Latest "Does Twitter Affect Recruits/Players?" Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Interesting take from Russell Shepherd -

https://twitter.com/#!/LSUShep10

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so he dropped 22% of all balls thrown his way. i'd think that might be a reason you didn't see more balls russell.

as for recruits there is no question they give a shit about how many people and from what school is following them. it's lame, but they clearly care.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, he was probably thrown to more than that, it's still not a stat I would be pimping

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Might have been something to do with his QB's not being very good.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I found it more telling that him griping about fans being down on him gave him more reason to leave.

Not taking up for the guy. Just found that statement interesting.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well i don't think anyone really thinks if the fans were in meltdown mode about him declaring he would be changing his decision.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I've had a number of arguments on Volquest with the "Negative talk on a message board only hurts the program" people. I don't think this affected Sheppard much. He already had his mind made up and is just snapping at people who are [itch bay]ing at him for leaving. I think directly contacting him on twitter might affect him some, but the fans' messages have to be factor #127 in terms of his analysis for leaving.