The "Let's Smoke(y grey) 'em" game thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 15, 2014.

1. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Question: why do officials like Pat Adams have to be so animated with EVERY call? Just make the call. You don't have to make a spectacle out of it. Even on the T, it was like he started building it up before he blew his whistled and popped the T.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Simply making the call doesn't get them noticed.

3. tripper

tripper Member

4. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I actually dont mind the animation and some personality. But letting emotion influence the call is wrong. The entire Maymon sequence was atrocious. The personal foul was the worst call in the game.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If they want to show animation and personality, they need to go into acting.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Weak all around. Was the elbow call worse?

7. hallowed_hill

Maybe technically it was. Because by the rule, I don't think you can have a personal foul there, can you? It's gotta be a flagrant or nothing. But it's a bad rule. Barton was all over him. He should be allowed to clear some space.

8. hallowed_hill

But the call against maymon was worse. No way that could be a foul when he gets absolutely run over.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was on the road during the game and didn't see what happened. Mind explaining the flagrant situation?

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

They changed the rule this off-season to allow for monitor reviews and downgrade potential elbows to just regular offensive fouls rather than flagrant 1's - which is completely idiotic if the elbow does connect and you downgrade it like they did - because the reason they switched the rule to flagrant 1 and flagrant 2 (rather than just 1 all encompassing flagrant), was to not punish the incidental flagrant type fouls as badly as the malicious ones. So they need to take out flagrant 1 and 2 and go back to the old way if they're going to allow replay like that.