The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And he still has an insane recruiting class coming in next year, 4 of the top 10 players. He just doesn't have Anthony Davis or Karl Anthony Towns walking into Lexington these days.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

what’s funny is I’ve seen some Mizzou scores and thought “cuonzo must be letting them play this year and not barking orders every second like a 1st grade coach.” Didn’t realize or remember he was gone until your post

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not that I expect them to, but if UK loses to Louisville then things are going to get dramatic in Lexington.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The transfer portal works best for basketball by far. It changes everything

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Texas A&M @ Florida delayed because Texas A&M left their jerseys at the hotel. They received a technical foul and Florida led 1-0 at tip

InVolNerable likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Are home/road splits as ridiculous in other conferences as they are in the SEC?

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I know it’s his first year, but Jon Scheyer, yikes.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

How on Earth is that even possible? Someone needs firing or something. Talk about something where you literally only had one job.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Auburn has serious issues. They are a shell of the team they had last year.

Florida basketball somehow now being a perennial lower echelon SEC team is a trend I welcome.

10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Auburn has some guys that looked ok to good when they were playing second fiddle to Walker Kessler and Jabari Smith. None of them are capable of being key players in the SEC. Their ceiling is low regardless but right now Bruce is just getting nothing out of them.

11. Ssmiff

They don’t have as many guys who can pull up and hit a 25 foot bs 3 with no rebounders in position.

12. HCKevinSteele

I will never understand your penchant for describing shots routinely made by very talented shooters as “BS” shots.

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Seems like once every few years Bruce always has a team he can’t get anything out of. We saw it here first hand occasionally.

justingroves likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Early in shot clock contested 25 footers with no rebounders in position will always be bs shots. Don’t care who is shooting or how much they watched Steph.

15. HCKevinSteele

Presumably we are mostly referencing Jared Harper and Bryce Brown, right?

They made plenty of contested 3’s, plenty of deep 3’s and plenty of 3’s in transition. I don’t think they attempted many that were all three.

16. Ssmiff

Im referring to any player on any team. Santi can shoot it better than them, but I want his to be good 3s at minimum with players in position to get the board.
    Ask any middle or HS coach worth a flip today what their main issues are and the answer will be:
    —defense isn’t taught
    —kids think bad shots are good ones

17. HCKevinSteele

Better than Jared Harper probably but not Bryce Brown. Regardless, I get where you’re coming from but I just think it’s bad logic. If you can consistently make a shot it is not a bad shot.

The problem with youth or HS basketball is the kids taking ridiculous shots don’t understand how much work is required to be able snipe like Bryce Brown, Santi, Steph, whoever. These guys are getting up 500 shots every day and can make 90 out of 100 or better just screwing around.

18. CardinalVol

It's glorious isn't it?

The Dooz likes this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He’s in a no win situation that will play out just like it always does for the first guy who follows the legendary coach.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

Yup. No way on earth I'd want to touch that job. Short of a dozen straight final four runs with half of them ending in titles, you are gonna be deemed a failure.