The Official 2012 NHL Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BearCat204, Apr 10, 2012.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I get both and it was on neither.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Pretatard fans around here are so allsome. They're ready to hoist the Cup on Friday. I've been getting texts and talking to folks at work. The fallout from next rounds elimination is going to be epic to watch.

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Aw. Someone's already bitter about losing the series and it isn't even over yet.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I only get ex-VS, but it was on here. And, while I've heard of national broadcasts getting preempted locally, I've never heard of a national broadcast on a channel like VS getting preempted locally.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Jbfc

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Beating Detroit in the playoffs would be a huge step for the franchise, but they need to take advantage of this year and make a serious run. A lot of fans around here don't give a shit until the playoffs, and they all think that beating Detroit makes the season a rousing success, but there is much more work to be done if and when they close this series out.

7. NashVol11

Absolutely. I think the players know that, though, and that's what matters. The opinion of the fans doesn't really mean shit.

8. NashVol11

And hell, if it gets the fans excited, I don't see how that can be anything but a good thing in terms of popularity of the team. Even if the fans become a bit insufferable, it's better than apathy.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, I just feel the same way about a lot of Preds fans as I do the guys that didn't like UT basketball til Pearl showed up. They have every right to be fans, and everyone has to start somewhere. However, most of them haven't earned their shit-talking badges yet. Hell a lot of them couldn't tell you who the backup goalie is.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The one thing I am really enjoying about this series simply from a standpoint of the team and the fans is how many of the Klein haters are eating their crow now. Dude has been on point this series, and pretty much all year before that.

11. Tar Volon

Mr. Starbuck?

I'm not really a hardcore Preds fan (I have a fondness for them, but I have season tickets to an Eastern Conference team, and it's tough following multiple teams), but I'm sure cheering for them vociferously now.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Nothing wrong with that, welcome to the bandwagon

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well Dooz, I am going to game 5 tomorrow, so there is a really good chance this is at least going 6

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Cory Crawford gave up an easy goal to the Coyotes last night.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Marc Howard having a part in the broadcast is not a way to entice me to watch more hockey.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Don't knock him until you see his swimsuit pics.

17. Tar Volon

That was domination. Southern hockey, y'all

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I hope the Kings and Coyotes can finish off the Canucks and Blackhawks. I'd rather see the Preds face Phoenix instead of Vancouver or Chicago. The Kings may be an 8 seed but if I were the Blues, I'd rather face Phoenix too. Torres may also miss a couple games to start the next series.

19. Tar Volon

Raffi Torres gets 25 games. Good riddance. Way to go, NHL.

That said, James Neal got one game for a very, very similar hit last week. The differences are player history and resulting injury. While I think these factors should make a difference, I'm not convinced they make a 24-game difference.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The maximum I could see here is to sit him out for the remainder of the playoffs. I think 25 is step considering he can't play next preseason and those don't count toward to suspension. I thought he was getting 4 games before I heard it was 25.