The Official SEC Championship Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by govols182, Nov 30, 2012.

1. I don't know if he catches it if he knows what the call is. Gotta knock it down.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't recall it being tipped, but I was too shocked to not see a spike that I am sure I missed it. It looked to me to just be a pass out into the flats to a guy that was double covered. I just always prefer to play it safe there, spike the ball with :12 left and get two clean, well discussed plays into the endzone.

3. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I thought the same thing when I first saw it, figured Murray was just being a dumbass. But on the replays you see a Bama guy jumping way up and deflecting it to the right.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm still not seeing the worth of taking that risk. Two chances are better than one.

5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Let's say he does take a time out. You run that exact same play with the same result, and the clock still runs out.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Didn't have time outs. There's also no guarantee the ball gets batted on the next play, so you get two legit shots at the end zone. Plus, if it did get batted and caught again, you would probably still have an opportunity to get back to the line to spike then run another play.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In my mind though, your offensive linemen are not scrambling for assignments coming off of a spike. That could prevent the tip. Oh well, either way, freaking Bama is going again.

I was sitting there though, praying that UGA would pull it through, especially after hearing the Bammers singing Rammer-jammer after the non-interception. Would have been delightful to see them choking on their own saliva after that.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

"IF" it wasn't tipped that was most likely a TD and UGA pulls the upset to go to the NC. Back shoulder passes that are thrown accurately (that was looking like it would have been placed perfect) are basically impossible to cover unless you for sure know it's coming and even then it's a toss up. The DB had no idea a back shoulder pass was coming.

9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Richt got pissy in the post game presser when basically asked bout being a choke artist. Funny stuff.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I hate bammer with every fiber of my ****ing being. I hate the colors. I hate the players. I hate the band. I hate Eli Gold. I hate Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, and any other town full of inbred miscreants who has or would host these bastards. I hate their fight song. I hate their band for playing it. I hate their midget troll of a coach, and I hate their fans. Here's hoping that woman who kissed Saban at the airport loses her tooth...