The Pembroke Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I missed the game tonight because we had a basketball game. It sounds like I missed a good one.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Ok. I had listened to it on the radio but just got a chance to watch it.

The defense looked downright terrible at times... Golden regressed... Maymon becoming a man... Cuonzo tinkering with the line-up a little... All in all, we are learning some things and we have a chance to paste them next go round.

Also I can think of 10 high school coaches that seem way more competent to coach than Josh Pastner. I wonder what he talks to them about in timeouts?

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Bernard King did it twice.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've only been able to watch the game against Duke. The rest I've had to listen to on the radio.

It's amazing what a new coach has done with these guys. I'm basketball retarded, I'll watch it but I can't break it down or tell why they're doing what they're doing, but the players no longer seem to pout when things don't go their way. I like that.

5. CD12

CD12 Member

Nice write up!

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Given equal talent, I think 50% of this board could go toe to toe with him in a game.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Last year, I noted that I saw Maymon play in Wisconsin for his high school and that he would be a solid contributor, yet was roundly poo-pooed by the board "experts". So, I'll just say again what I said last year. We can't build a team around him, but he can be a very solid complementary player, who will get 10 and 10 a night, ideally. Yesterday won't be the norm and Golden needs to play better because he's the key player on this team, but it's important to have Maymon as the bulldog down low.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's really panned out at the three. If he weren't a whiny child and would have done what he's doing now when asked by Buzz Williams, he'd have never seen Knoxville. Let me know when he starts playing the wing, which is why he came to UT.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

And the other 50 % would win by 10.

10. CardinalVol

Fun chaminade scheduling facts -

Freed hardeman out of henderson tn plays them in hawaii on dec 18.

They only play 6 regular season games outside of hawaii.

Another fun non scheduling fact is that chaminade is the only catholic school on the islands.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesuit school?

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

How does Freed-Hardeman afford to go out to Hawaii for a game?

13. CardinalVol

assume so but not positive

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think it is a Marist school. I only know because I believe it shares that distinction with Dayton.

Edit: I meant to say "Marianist" school.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Who gives a shit and what does that have to do with my post?