The Power Tool Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by 615 Vol, Jun 6, 2015.

1. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Bumping this - anyone in middle Tennessee have a ballpark for new home cost/sf pricing?

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Around $90 sq foot. which won't have a lot of bells and whistles

3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Thanks. I was hoping ~$110 would be a middle of the road, but an extra $20/sf should go pretty far.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Depends on the extras you want. Basements and extra foundations really eat up the money fast.

I'd say to Justin if I were you, he'd be the biggest help. The south has a huge rage for average cost of building.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Depends on where you're building. Some cities and counties are requiring fire sprinkler systems, which is ridiculous.

Just the house itself, you can build a nice one for $100 a square ft

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you let my wife pick out finishes, you'll be spending roughly 140 a Sq ft.

I'm about to have to fight that battle

7. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Williamson. I hope I don't have to sprinkle the damn thing, I won't build it if that is the case.

I feel ashamed asking. I'm a PM for a larger GC, but I don't know the first about residential. I get how it goes together, but the sub market and pricing are an entirely different ball of wax.

I am hoping I can get some deals on some finishes by talking to guys I know in the industry.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I try to stay out of residential myself

9. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I'm honestly not sure what the bank will allow financially, but I'd prefer to find a local guy. If anyone knows of someone in the mid-state.