The rest of the schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TangoUniform, Sep 14, 2015.

1. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

i think you're looking at this solely from the standpoint of "we suck" or "our coaching staff sucks so bad".... which is fair enough.
    What I think you may be neglecting to consider (???) is that everybody else on the schedule doesn't look to be that impressive. right now, florida brings nothing but name and a 10 yr win streak basically. pig just lost to toledo (and arky was the game i was most concerned about, but now??).. sakerlina no way.
    If I need a toss-up game, at this point, it has to be mizzou.

so ok, let's give it to mizzou... mauk is back this year and he finds a way to win.

do you really think WCU, UF, ARK, KY, SC, NTexas, and Vandy are bringing THAT much to the table?

I'm still not saying "we're good", I'm more saying that most everybody on the schedule looks to be the suck.

2. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

legit question.. i'm wondering as well.

he has to know that florida is pretty much a must-win game. better not let off the gas.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

but who cares if we win by default. that's the crap that preserved Fulmer's job. Screw that. Win games that might get us some modicum of national respect back.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

There's only one game on the schedule that will do that. And that's not happening.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He couldn't out talent Pinkel the past two years.

He's got WCU, North Texas, Vandy and South Carolina. Kentucky should be a W, too.

I have no faith in winning any of these four, Mizzou, Arkansas, Florida or UGA, although Tennessee should, at worst with mediocre coaching, split those.

He's not beating Alabama.

6. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

I was just trying to talk in terms of the win column... win is a win is a win. I understand your point... because 25 wins this season wouldn't change the fact that we're dealing with a coaching shit show. ... but still... 25 wins. *shrug*

you can't have it both ways --- you can't say "Corch Botch just needs to win" and then at the same time say "winning by default is no good".

in short, can we not say things like, "boy that was an ugly win, but i'll take it." ?

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The only hope I have here is that he'll loosen up away from home. His three biggest failures have all come in blown fourth quarter leads in Neyland. If he can stop worrying about impressing the home fans and just coach football, there's no reason he can't bag a win in Gainesville. And that should relieve some pressure coming back home against Arkansas and Georgia.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I haven't said just win. I'm saying win games that matter and show us signs that there is actual coaching happening.

9. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

agreed.