The Season Overview I Did For Tony...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Sep 26, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

is up over at tonybasilio.com.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That site confuses me. Is there a direct link, or directions to find it?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Your fourth point about Makanjoula is indeed intriguing. Aside from PG play, that situation may be a swing of a couple of games.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Go to tonybasilio.com (obviously), left click on Tony's blog, then scroll down until you see a grey-outlined post by 8thmaxim Keith.

Or go here: The Tony Basilio Show and scroll down as described above.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I attempted to put tonybasilio.com into the Geocitiesizer, and it remained largely unchanged. Hm.

6. cotton

grazie!

the mighty guardian has to be vegas vol, right?

7. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Outstanding work, as usual, going back to them old Volnation days but, one needs only look to 8 and 10 for the real story here. The schedule could easily dictate 22-23 wins or it could devolve into a bubble-level season, depending on the PG play and the maturation of Jordy. Pushing the ball inside to punish the defense early in games will ensure mismatches and late game wear will be evident in our opponents. We need some lightning from the perimeter and some CJ Watson-like PG play to take advantage of that strength.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Ole Miss is one of the "Big Six" in the SEC? That's where the credibility went out the window.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looking forward to seeing how well we run half court sets. Hope we feed the ball inside more, keep it moving around.

11. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Thus, my point about Jordy and Golden. Golden needs to be thinking about enabling the post on every possession. Jordy needs to be looking for crosses and legitimate shots on the perimeter, provided to him by the defense.

12. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I'm intrigued by the thought of having Yemi, Stokes and Maymon on the court at the same time. Would also like to see Maymon or Stokes at the high post or some pinch post actions.

13. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I think UT competing for SEC titles is about as good as it gets with Cal at UK and I think Florida is about to take a step up. If you can add a couple deep runs into tournament all should be good.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Is andy dufresne from toos? I don't remember seeing him before the 8th

15. cotton

I'm not sure I follow the logic all the way through.

If you take away the 20 years in the middle, UT hasn't been very good for the last 40 years, so the 20 years in the middle must be a statistical anomaly.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I thought Hat did an excellent job cutting into those stats in the short time he was on Basilio today; sounds like he wants to discuss further tomorrow.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Sounds interesting. I may need to listen to that. Is it on his site?

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

What about Kenny Hall? I thought he at times played pretty well last year. If he can keep himself on the team, keep his head together, and play like he did at times last year I don't see many teams having that kind of quality big on the bench. Of course he may well be cut loose at any time too.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It will be in today's show archive, although it was at the very end of the show and wasn't a lengthy conversation. I don't want to attempt to make Hat's point, but it was around expected performance against the true big boys required to be competing for championships. Basilio asked Hat to write it up so he could feature tomorrow; I hope he can do that as I am interested to see his full take on the subject.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

There should be a link on tonybasilio.com until tomorrow.

I wonder if he'd consider keeping a week or month long archive?