The Season Overview I Did For Tony...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Sep 26, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hat will demolish it because he has seen this maneuver before from Vegas.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It's a flawed argument. "We suck now because we have always sucked starting from the time that we started sucking and continuing forever, ignoring of course the times that we didn't suck." In the past, it has quickly been followed by the equally silly, "No coach since integration has been able to win consistently except for the two that coached us for 75% of the time since integration."

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to find these people everyone says are expecting '90s level winning. The modern realities of the SEC won't allow that. However, there's no reason UT can't play the upper echelon even and hammer the also rans. That'll produce plenty of opportunities to win SEC titles. I don't know anyone who wouldn't consider that success.

4. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I'm from another site where I have a different screen name. I'm just here to talk hoops.

Where do you see us finishing in the regular season as far as wins and standing in the conference?

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Just wondering. Welcome, you've brought good stuff so far.

6. hatvol96

I'm going to assume you are asking about basketball. So, I'll say my opinion is this: Best Case: 13-5 3rd place. Worst Case: 10-8 6th place. Either way, or in the middle, they are an NCAA Tournament participant.

7. hatvol96

My response is up in Tony's blog on his site now.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Excellent write up, Hat. I'm not sure why people go all 'woe is us' just because the 90's are not likely to be duplicated. To your point, UT can be quite successful and compete for championships by playing the true powers even and taking care of business otherwise. Makes complete sense. Unfortunately the current coaching/performance situation allows folks to use those stats to frame UT in a muted light and that sickens me.