The "SLIM Chance Butch MIGHT Not Be the Guy" Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Oct 25, 2014.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Could all this theorizing about a lack of urgency be just communal rationalization of what is bad coaching that is not going to change?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  2. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yes. Except I don't know what communal rationalization is.

Butch is dumb. They all dumb. And they'll continue to do be bad decision makers.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Vanderbilt anyone?

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It's true they weren't going to win that game kicking field goals but I agree with that particular call to take the points before halftime.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not with a minute left and a TO in your pocket from the 10 yard line. That ignorant to not take a shot there.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

In that particular situation I'd rather have the points. Had we gone for it *(and been stopped) and Bama turned around and scored like they did that would have sucked.

*edit

*edit 2 - For some reason I thought Bama scored following that field goal. I was incorrect.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My biggest gripe with just "taking the points" there, it's not like it was 20-13. It was 27-7. We needed to make up as many as possible, and how many times do you expect our offense to be knocking on the door like that?

9. JohnnyQuickkick

If they go 90 yards in what would've been about 36 seconds (IIRC), welp.

10. JayVols

We were down 20 with them getting the ball to start the 2nd half. We were still down 3 scores after the FG, again, with them getting the ball. Not taking at least one shot then kicking if not successful was a chicken shit move by a staff with no urgency to win.

11. JayVols

We agree on something. Had it been a 10 or even 14 point game, I still wouldn't have liked it, but I wouldn't be pissed about it. It wasn't a 10 or 14 point game.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yea, yea, yea...that was my bad.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

we agree more often than you think, I just think we speak different languages sometimes

14. JayVols

What the hell is that supposed to mean?!?

Kidding.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

I had a friend texting me that not going for it our 2nd possession down 6-0 after 3 minutes (from like our own 30) was chickenshit. I tried to tell him it was 6-0 and our center spends 75% of the snaps flying backwards, but I don't think it helped.

16. JayVols

Yeah. That one didn't bother me.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will translate for you: JQK no habla Espanol.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

"They can go 3-9 this year and I will still have faith in Butch. He is the right man for the job!"

Actual VN quote. So he can lose to a Vandy team that may be even worse than the "Same Ol' Vandy" teams of the past, and still the sheep would flock to him.

Do these idiots really think it's THAT hard to recruit to UT? Even Precious got a few good players here and he was half-assing it the whole time.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

No, non parlo spagnolo. Preferisco inglese, ma imparo italiano e leggo cosi-cosi.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Post less.