The Somewhat Late YY6 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 9, 2011.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That reaction was also part of a larger reaction in how Kiffin's end came down. Lots of folks who had jumped on the Lane train got spurned. That was tough to process by a lot of those 2 digit IQ posters.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Winner:
    harry-hiestand.jpg

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I could be wrong, but there was some stuff floating around at the time that Cregg actually liked it here but Dooley wanted to go another direction. Once Cregg saw the writing on the wall he bolted. Cregg was on the interim staff for maybe 1-2 weeks after Kiffin left.

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

If that was the case than bad call. I had heard he was all in with the Kiffins and Kiffin wanted him in LA.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't really understand this perspective. VT had a vastly superior team. Nutt had one player better than anybody we had facing up with him and exploited it to the fullest.

People also forget how bad our offense was and how badly our front 7 was decimated. The surprise wasn't that we lost to two mediocre teams early in the season; the surprise was that we figure out a way to improve enough to make those losses look bad.