The Sunshine Pumping Josh Heupel Positives Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 27, 2021.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

The fact they had so many opt outs is a cause for concern. UCF fans hinting at the culture going to shit there and people not really wanting to play for the guy.

2. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Hello, I was at UTK at a similar time.

You basically just wrote up exactly where I’m at and how it’s been for me the last 12 years.

White doesn’t understand that the everyday fan is to this point. We really needed someone like Lane who is a loud mouth/big personality to inject some enthusiasm into the program. Mr. Batman Chumlee looking dude ain’t going to do that.

So, next year , I’ll probably watch the first game just to see what they’re trotting out, but UTK has successfully broke me at this point. I just can’t do it anymore.

TangoUniform and dtmvol like this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The problem is that they didn't have a single good win last year. It just looks like whatever short history of success that they had was absolutely crumbling by year 3. Just wild to me that White witnessed that and then hired him again.

dtmvol likes this.
  4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

He said yesterday that they were for various reasons, some of which were related to health/family. Unless he is lying, that doesn’t raise concern. Memphis had the same issue. I think those smaller conferences had a lot more than the SEC/ACC bc there was more uncertainty.

Now maybe the culture was going to shit at the same time. That I can’t speak on.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Outside of a Top15 Cincy team, who is a good W on that schedule?

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They beat no one with a winning record.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Holding up a jersey with the number 27 on the back is a direct slap in the face to an all time great VFL.

I would have loved Al Wilson to come out from behind the curtain, snatch the jersey out of Heupel’s hands and kicked his butt right in front of everybody... and then announce that HE was taking over. With Rod Wilks as the new AD.

8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Read Basilio's blog today, feel better about the situation. No easy solutions. Hope this leadership can manage this train wreck forward. Oh Fulmer needs to never come back in any capacity.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Fulmer, pruitt, weinke, Friend and JG all gone. Overjoyed

10. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

We have the potential to be better and have an easier schedule.

11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Sounds like we still have a great chance to land Ty Simpson. Sounds like he was a done deal to cornbread. It’s clear JH will have to muck it up ala Botch with Trevor.

Kid also said a lot of the top TN recruits in that class want to play together.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He pulls Simpson and Nolen, they'll pull in quite a bit themselves

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel can Butch it for 4 years off one class, potentially

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Since 2006 as qb coach at OK, JH has coached 5 qbs who signed nfl contracts.
    UT has had 1 in that same time frame, iirc

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Which, coupled with a decent staff hires on D could snowball in a good way.

Nolan is a stud and we have a VFL as his mentor, but Nolan has to stay out of trouble as well.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ainge, Crompton, Simms, Bray and Dobbs have all drawn NFL checks since 2006

warhammer and IP like this.
  18. Ssmiff

I obviously forgot about all of those. Feels like another lifetime. Simms celebrating an OT win vs UAB, Ainge getting hurt on a half assed hail mary from 80 yards out in q2 and bouquet toss in the sec champ, Crompton vs auburn and Bray hitting Dooley on the sidelines is about all i got outside of dobbs getting me off my seat each saturday.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bray was fun. Crompton against UGA and South Carolina in 09 was fun.

Volgrad98 likes this.
  20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I love my x's and o's but a lot of this stuff with tempo air raid falls apart if you aren't winning the LOS. I'm much more interested in what he does to keep defenses off balance, using the middle of the field, and can our running game be more than just read and iso. That's how you get one of these tempo offenses to work the sharp end of P5