the team has positioned themselves...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Feb 16, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

...to have a shot at the dance.

I'm not saying it's probable, or even half-likely, but they are coming together and the opportunity is there. Need at least 5 and a decent showing in Atlanta. It's doable.

2. Got heem

Got heem New Member

opportunity is nowhere

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

If they keep playing like they've played that last two games, they'd make an excellent tournamount team; they're getting good point play with good wings that play D and bring pressure on O and good inside game and they're really passing well. This is a completely different looking team than a few games ago...kind of mind boggling.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I almost posted the same thing.

5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Yup. 5 out of the next 6, very little margin for error.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Long road back

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If I had to guess, I'd say UT needs an RPI around 50 or better to have a shot.

8. CardinalVol

There are 3 top 100 RPI games remaining, 2 top 50 and 1 top 10. Win out and they will skyrocket up the RPI.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Mizzou is currently 37, UF is 4. TAMU is 74

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they only get 5 of the next 6, one of the five better be Florida and the sixth better not be TAMU.

11. CardinalVol

Honestly, I could handle a loss to 74 on the road a lot better that 101 (LSU) at home or 121 (Georgia) or 213 (Auburn) on the road.

Right now I'm asking myself what the difference is if Golden is healthy for the UGA loss at home.....

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It's not really a hypothetical. They win.

13. CardinalVol

Yeah, that's petty much what I meant. And we're probably sitting a lot prettier right now. Didn't really mean for it to come across as a hypothetical.

So far the three gut-punch games this year look to be Georgetown, Bama on the road and Georgia.

14. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Looking at resumes of bubble teams, 5-1 with a win against UF gets us in I believe. 5-1 with a loss to UF, and we'd better make a splash in Nashville.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Less than 5-1, win the SECT

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If they can beat both UF and Mizzou, they have a somewhat decent shot of winning out, but as it has been stated already, there is a very slim margin of error at this point. It is good, however, to see them playing their best basketball at the end of the season.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Didn't realize they were worse.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

What's in Atlanta?

19. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

the braves

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The widest Interstate known to man.