The timing of everything

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 9, 2017.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That's the result from two guys that value leadership reps and understand the vision our staff has of the throw game and this football team.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Critical players make critical plays in critical situations.

There's also an alley to work in "opportunity balls" in there somewhere.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He was really inconsistent. He'd throw one on a rope and hit a guy right in the numbers and then turn around and one hop a screen pass to a WR.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The point is that Dobbs had accuracy issues, and it limited us in some games. There were also a lot of games where we, for whatever reason, refused to run Dobbs.

I wanted to see what Dormady could do. That was it. I never said "Dormady is better than Dobbs." I said that Dobbs has some accuracy issues that are costing us at times, and, as a result, I want to see what the back up can do.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch could make any qb suck. Hell, DeBord kept Brady on the bench at Michigan.

They really did **** up Tom Brady

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And if Dobbs turns out to be a decently accurate, consistent QB in the NFL, I'll be sure to eat my crow. I just don't know that I see it happening.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Dobbs could design a more accurate rocket than any QB in football history.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you would or would not start dobbs this season if available?

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Meanwhile the rest of us knew that the only prayer the offense had of being successful was a quarterback who was an insane athlete who could move.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Still waiting for that answer...

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

So dumb.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’d start Dobbs, obviously, though I don’t think we’d be significantly better on offense with him. QB is far from our only issue.

Yeah, except our coaching staff wouldn’t allow him to run for half of his games here.