The Trash can

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Sep 5, 2017.

1. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Can the can.

2. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

5-star trash cans.
    love it.
    Champions of Life with 5-star hearts tossing turnovers into 5-star trash cans, brick by brick.

Meh.... In the bigger picture, I don't really care. The players seem to like the thing... or at least they did.

Kinda like I used to love playing dungeons and dragons when I was a kid, until my buddy came over, saw my shit and said, "what kind of kid shit is this?"
    .... and thus came to an end the epic, adventuresome life of Minnoxx the chaotic evil paladin, his 30 succubus wives, and his dragon steed.

Good times, man... good times...

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Apparently Texas A&M also uses a trash can (emblazoned with a "Y'all Trash!! slogan) and Alabama has a wrestling belt that is awarded to players who get turnovers... I've never noticed either one of those things, have any of you?

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I assume they don't parade the belt around like Jerry Lawler in the middle of a game getting ripped for 500 yards on the ground.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've seen the belt towards the end of blowouts

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Get better friends.

7. Savage Orange

That's interesting because my first reaction to seeing "The Trash Can" was: "You'd never see Saban doing some mess like that"... To me it's just middle school but I guess Botch has brought the lulz on himself because of all the other junk he's spouted off over the past few years...

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When you are beating a top 15 team by 24 with 3 minutes left to go, it's okay

9. Savage Orange

True true..., we probably won't have the opportunity to know how that feels this season....

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

More of this crap probably goes on than w realize, we just have the guy who seems to think it's way more important, continually one-ups his dumb stuff, and plus we just see it all the time because we follow them closer

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Other schools do gimmicky things for turnovers. Only one school/coach prominently displays it as a knock off Stanley Cup

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Surely, at some point, the fact that Jones' embarrassingly stupid shit like this - and which saw a win be completely overshadowed by a ****ing trash can - will at some point catch up to him, and force the powers that be to realize that he really is legitimately idiotic and oblivious to how things like this always play out.

How much forethought would one need to have, in order to have seen the stupidity of holding up a ****ing trash can on the sidelines?

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

When the idiot side of your fanbase is probably calling the AD this week wanting to know where than can purcha$e one of these cans it will get overlooked.

Jones is a salesman and there are still a plenty buying that product.

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I bet that if they made little plastic trash can hats to wear on gameday and butch asked them to wear it, half our fanbase would. IMO of course.

15. Savage Orange

I'm telling Y'all... Somebody could produce those little trash cans and make a ton of money....

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

One guy produced one trash can, and makes a ton of money.

17. Savage Orange

I just saw somebody make a respectable point about The Trash Can... His postulation was that it incentivizes players to get to the sidelines quickly to celebrate instead of getting a stupid penalty due to overzealous officiating... If that's actually an intended thing on Botch's part then I may revisit my ridicule of the whole idea... UT did only have like 2 penalties for the whole game, amirite?

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Seeings how Butch puts more effort and stress into avoiding sideline infractions than timeout management, playcalling and everything else combined, that's probably it.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Eh, I hate the trashcan, but if meant they beat bammer this year, they could call up whoever has one and park a big orange dump truck on the sidelines. Heck, even if they lost, they could dumb Butch in it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

How many celebration penalties have you seen after turnovers?