The UT won one they shouldn't thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by 615 Vol, Oct 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

We beat Missouri.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It's just money. Take one for the team.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

The Bama ML will prevent me from betting against us. But perhaps Mizzou I can do.

4. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

I always thought he looked like he should be in a classroom somewhere.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The offense still sucked. Those rolls left, asking our crap QB to throw were worse than the other idiocy.

6. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I'm not sure on Quarles. Clowney said after the game that KQ would be fine, but Lorenzo Ward said it looked like a bad injury.

7. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Gonna see if maybe we can get him to come fix our offensive play calling.

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Davis is a friggin' bull. That move on his TD run ... wtf

Good to hear Shaw's injury is not more severe.

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yeah, concerned whether we're able to out score either Aubie or Mizzou.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That play that we called the timeout on was borrowed by Maryville from Spurrier.

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Yeah, I kinda questioned it at times myself. Too many "cute" plays. Don't remember seeing us line up in the I-formation like we did against Georgia. Playcalling was lights-out against UGA... not so much against USC but a win is a win is a win.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It's also nice to know we can still pull one of these out with a less-than-perfect day on the sidelines, or field, really, for that matter.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

First SEC October win since 2009

14. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

He's good. No doubt about that. Yet another reason to question what in the heck Spurrier was doing the entire 4th quarter. Shaw will probably be out this week, but I'm confident in Dylan Thompson. I just hope our line can protect him.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Where the hell was Bruce Ellington?

16. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I kept wondering this. I was way up in II, so I couldn't tell if he wasn't playing or if he was just being shut down. I noticed that we only completed passed to four different receivers. I know we had a ton of drops. I don't know if Bruce was among those. I wish the coaches would let him return kicks. He can do things with the football if he has a little bit of space. The guy we have returning kicks now isn't bad, but he's a freshman and he does freshman things, like fair-catching the ball on the three yard line instead of letting it bounce.

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Need. We've missed having a power 'back with his speed and elusiveness.

I like Thompson. Your O-Line wins that match-up. Their front seven are good vs. the run but they've yet to face a 'back in Davis. I think you guys leave Columbia 6-2. Good luck.