"The Vols are the hottest team in recruiting"

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by NorthGaVol, Oct 1, 2014.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

We need to rip some of these Gator commits away after we beat their ass Saturday.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're 30th in the rankings. The only one Tennessee really wants is Jerome Baker

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Exactly why we should just go old school and do it anyway. And go back to 105 scholarships unilaterally.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Then Baker we shall take

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Baker also has tOSU on his list. I'd day they're the team to beat if he decommits.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Butch is still plugging away there, but I think its going to be hard. Kid wanted to go to UT, but Freeze, who has recruited well in Memphis, was able to get current players and committed recruits parents from the area to put the pressure on momma and put her squarely in Ole Miss corner. Heard that a lot around town, plus several kids who have known him for a while just kept saying straight cash homie (hint).

We could argue the validity of star ratings, but I do not think this kid will end up as a 5* when its all said and done. There have been a lot of busts per say out of Memphis. In the last year or so, I thought this was going to be one of the kids who would not be, however, of late I have had some reservations....and not because he chose against TN. TN was selling him as a day 1 starter. I see no way this kid is seeing significant PT next year in the SEC. He has struggled against good teams like Brentwood Academy and South Panola this year. Not been anywhere near what a 5* future LT in the SEC should be doing. I think he needs at least a year, but maybe two. He seemed pretty comfortable in an recent interview with the fact that by going to Ole Miss, he would get to spend a year learning behind Laremy Tunsil.