The Vols will win 9 games next year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kidbourbon, Jan 15, 2014.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Agree. Having a positive outlook is great, but there will be ample concerns even with the young talent. From my perspective UT needs enough talent to overcome coaching deficiencies (coordinators, primarily), and the numbers and experiece will not be at levels to do so. 6-6 seems most likely.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

A 9-win season is not completely beyond the bounds of reason, but it greatly threatens its borders.

I see 80% chance we go 6-6.
    10% chance we go 5-7.
    8% chance we go 7-5.
    2% chance we go 9-3 or 4-8.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

9 wins for Vol fans is like a beaten wife receiving news her abusive husband just died in an auto accident.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The woeful, widespread and long-standing lack of SEC-caliber talent on this roster should not be underestimated.

And I'm not sure if that can be successfully or consistently overcome by one incoming class, no matter how talented they are, or early they arrive. We didn't dig this hole in one class, but several, and won't likely climb out of it before several more of equal and opposite ascent.

JMHO.

5. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Take your odds and gtfo. I've just got that feelin'.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

92% agree with this post

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

NYY says you've come to the right place.

[video=youtube;rjlSiASsUIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlSiASsUIs[/video]

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think the odds of both 5-7 and 7-5 are higher. My quick count shows 5-6 with an "I have no ****ing idea" against Florida, and I know there is margin of error in there.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He is replacing over a third of roster in one class.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'll take 5-7.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We've replaced the coffee normally served at kidb's house with LSD and bath salts. Let's see if he notices.

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I don't think that you're far off.

The 5 to 7 win range will give a good indication of the coaching abilities of the staff.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Yes it would be an indication. Not a good one though.

14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Which just makes it even harder to have any good idea what next year will bring. I look forward to seeing what we might have with Ferguson and some of the new WRs and DBs. I'm hoping the new OL and DL can at least be adequate.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Plus his coordinators are losers.

16. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I will never count the Florida game as a win until we beat them.
    I am confident they were not as bad as their 4-8 record indicated just like I did not think they were as good as 11-1 or whatever they were 2 years ago. But they have athletes every year and I imagine they win in Knoxville.

While UGA and s. Carolina are winnable games, they are on the road where we have shown that we cannot put up a fight whatsoever against decent teams. Which is also why I think Ole Miss probably beats us.

I imagine we go 3-1 out of conference even though it would not be a totally huge surprise if Utah St. beat us. I think we beat Kentucky which puts us at 4 wins. Tehy Vandy game is probably in our favor but not by much. So that gets us 5.

I think 2013 Missouri was sort of similar to 2012 TAMU (although I think Missouri has much better coaching) so I expect them to come back to reality to some extent. SO that is a possible win at home.

I would put the over/under similarly to last year. Maybe 5.5 or 6. If we find an effective QB and/or if the staff can execute some great gameplans then we obviously increase that win total. But I am going to stick with 5 or 6.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

42% strongly agree with 50% somewhat agreeing.

5% strongly disagree with 1% somewhat not agreeing.

2% strongly to somewhat don't care and pull for Bammer on occasion.

18. Beechervol

I don't see any change myself.

19. Beechervol

If UF doesn't go down in Knoxville this year we may want to move to the OVC.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Leave it to a negavol to not give 110%.