Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I just really hope that Bailey took yesterday as a major call to action to do whatever he can to get on the field, if not this season, definitely next. I'm not saying he's not doing it now but if he's the QB of the future, he can't waste time.

2. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

You serious Clark?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Seriously, I believe he'll have his master's this December. He's not getting better

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I'm almost positive he'll be the guy next year. He was just set back too much this year by losing spring practice and then missing a big chunk of fall camp in quarantine.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The more I've stewed on this, that's the most disappointing half of football since 1st half of 96 Florida.

If they'd just beat us, fine. But we didn't even look like we belonged on the field in the 2nd half.

IP and A-Smith like this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Bailey is their guy. They'll tell JG it's time to go. He can go be a grad transfer somewhere

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Forgot this one -

Stetson should have been carried off the field on a stretcher in retaliation for the chop block on Simmons. That's as dirty as it gets.

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

What I don't get is how a chop block doesn't carry as a severe penalty as targeting? A person dirty enough to do that shit needs to leave the field at the least, period.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't see why our guy was ejected but no one was for that.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Need to change the rule. Much more dangerous to a career than a punch and the tap 13 gave the mailman yesterday

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He’ll be back imo

12. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I think so too, even if he has to excepts a backup role. Year after next, probably a graduate assistant.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

PHd, baby.

Doctor Guarantano, if you please

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Doctor Overthrow

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I really, really want Pruitt to be the guy, but, at some point, he has to get at least close to one of the big three. What's the closest score he's had, 20-25 points? I need to see something there.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like everything he's done so far. He's got one JG-less season from me

chavisut likes this.
  17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We’ll see whether Florida’s defense recovers by the end of the season (with our luck, they will), but with the way they’re playing right now, that needs to be a close game. I’m still concerned about us keeping up with Trask in a shootout, but their D has been flat out bad.

18. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I think Bama is winnable. Not likely, but I think we can keep it close. They didn’t look like Bama of old against Ole Miss.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They can score 40 against anyone...but just about anyone can score 40 on them

OneForVol likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Florida's defense doesn't have the nfl talent it normally does.