Thursday Night Football

Discussion in 'Sports' started by utvol0427, Aug 26, 2013.

Tags:
  1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Cody Kessler is pathetic.

2. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I guess they got the walk-on punter to disagnose whether or not Matthews had a concussion in 30 seconds or less? Franklin could have gotten that guy ****ed up for life.

3. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Oh cmon. We would kill to have someone like him.

4. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I agree. Unlike his head coach, I actually respect that guy. He is a very good receiver.

5. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Reports are that Franklin is at the chemistry department yelling at grad students along the lines of: "More rohypnol in the Gatorade you idiots"

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Neither of those guys is worth a damn. When Max Browne gets the offense remotely down and is 100%, that is who Lane puts his career on the line with. They could be 4-0 with you or me, JG.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How is taking a shot to the stomach going to give you a concussion?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Did not see the hit, but if his head was whipped around violently, the brain can bang into the inside of your skull, giving you a concussion even if your head never struck anything.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know, but it didn't do that. It was a very normal football tackle, it just so happened the Ole Miss defender put his shoulder squarely in his stomach.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That was a spectacularly good - and perfectly clean - hit.

Trust me, I watched that shit like 124 times. And it got funnier each time.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And the only reason anyone is saying "concussion" is that ****ing moron Matt Millen implying he had one due to him puking.

Let's see, dumbass, it's 85 degrees with 90% humidity and Mathews has been the only receiving option Vandy has had. He's ran his ass off and just got popped in the stomach.

12. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Funny ha ha or funny *****?

So we cant say q u e e r on the board....political correctness run amok!

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't want to offend NYY.

14. No one knows if he was concussed or not. What we do know is that you'd probably have a hard time finding a medical professional who would have allowed Matthews back in the game that quickly. There's already one article criticizing Franklin for continuing to play him, and I love it.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They'll lose to bc if they continue to get qb play like that. Hawaii is god awful and they had major problems with them. Kiffin is done. Someone else is going to win 11 with those recruits.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Can't say I want Franklin to avoid criticism, but I think you might be surprised who would've played him. Mike Shanahan trotted out a franchise player on a knee held together by rubber bands just a few months ago.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Who recruited those QB's?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

100% agree. Kiffin is just not cut out to be a head coach. He will be a heck of a coordinator just like his dad.

19. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

He went down very hard and the back of his helmet hit the turf. It is possible. It was a great hit. A clean hit. But a concussion was still very possible.

20. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

After seeing the replay I was definitely leaning towards the stomach being the cause.