Time to put away the excuses

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Sep 27, 2014.

1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Basically the fight scene from Anchorman, from the looks of it.

I honestly don't even know who was fighting whom.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hey. Shut up.

I'm sorry.

3. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

This is typical fodder coming from you.

I'm sorry.

4. WM

WM Active Member

I'm good... Will be a lot better Saturday if we can pwn the Gators into oblivion.

5. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Boom! **** 'em right in the *****!

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

A win over Florida will heal the forum.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Not really, but it won't be as hostile around here for about 45 minutes.

8. WM

WM Active Member

******* still good?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't nearly as hostile as it apparently comes across.

10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

It isn't hostile?

Stop being such a woman.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What, do you expect me to contribute something? Not happening.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The next procedure is booked for November and I just got an increase in dosage on my prescription. The transformation takes time, just be patient.

Oh. You meant figuratively. Never mind.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

A win is more expected for this game. That is different than wanting to see them compete and give themselves a chance to win.

I stated this before. There can still be concerns with a win Saturday, or they may hammer UF in every way and win the game. But unlike OU and GA there will not be positives taken away from an L from me.

This is not a moral victory weekend. If such exists.

14. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Pretty well sums up how I feel.

15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I'm not the kind of person that will discredit science and the hard and skillful hands of a surgeon.

16. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Agreed, great points.

There is no way to spin a positive on a loss against this Florida team.

None.

I'm not saying the season is over if we lose nor is the season made if we win. Simply there is not a way for the staff to make points about how many guys first road game this is or how many guys first game in Athens this is.

Beat. The. Damned. Gators.

Kentucky almost did. Bama just went in dry and pink socked them. Their team is against their QB and is missing some key member of their D. This is at Neyland in what might be the most raucous the crowd has been in the last 8 years.

This is set up in all points for Jones and crew to win. If they win, and do so convincingly, I'll pretty much shelf any doubts I have about OC/DC.

If they lose, especially if it's a sloppy loss, I will honestly start really questioning staff choices. Not like I am not right now but I might transition to the "they don't belong in the SEC" crowd.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Perception changes every week.

Just because somebody marked it up as a probable loss or a probable win a month before the season doesn't mean it looks that way a week out or when the time comes. Im not saying that this game was either of those but a month before the season I thought this was a game we could get. 4 games in my opinion has shifted to this is a game e should win.

Its still a long way out but I held Mizzou in a similar light to UF preseason. They may not be the mess that UF currently is but they have slid more toward being a game we should win at home. That may change between now and then but thats my opinion at this point.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

A win is definitely expected this game. Our players can smell blood in the water....

[​IMG]

19. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

Just don't want to see our guys come out tight. Want to see fired up. Want to see those first 15 offensive plays from last week-- over and over, until FL can stop them. Any deviation and I want to see Butch send someone upstairs to literally kick BJ's ass.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

But how are they going to get their helmets on?