TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. tfannon

tfannon Member

While the search for OC is taking longer than we would like, I am pleased that Fulmer has the AD on lock down with no leaks. Much different than previous searches.

reVOLt likes this.
  2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yeah, I mean, it doesn't matter whose coordinating the offense/calling plays...if we dont get better players it will not matter one bit. Recruiting is the single most important thing moving forward. Doesnt mean the OC hire is unimportant, but weve got to have players.

I'm totally fine with him taking his time, if he makes a solid hire. My hope is that there is a great OC we are about to hire but we are working out the details to make room for one or two more offensive staffers that's gonna make us even better, and maybe it's just taking time for him to find new homes for certain assistants, whether that be a new position with us or them taking a job elsewhere.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

What search are you looking at? There have been plenty of leaks.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’m all for Heavy as AD. I do think he’s doing a good job so far as I can tell but that’s not much. We’ve had amazingly bad luck with AD’s in the past decade plus... there’s no reason anyone with two brain cells to rub together couldn’t succeed famously at UT with everything the place has going for it but we’ve managed to hire a string of numbskulls...

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

The Browns turnaround is 2nd only to the transcendent season Mahomes is having.

6. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

The only thing I can think of is Kitchens may want to come back and be part of the Three Amigos with his former roommates and lifelong friends.

I doubt that, though, as the NFL will be banging on his door in all likelihood. As with JBC, someone will snatch him up.

7. Savage Orange

This. Kitchens’ star is rising... why would he even entertain the thought of what has become a coaching graveyard here in Knoxville?

8. Savage Orange

Hell, he may not even have to leave Cleveland to get paid.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Apparently Hyams said this morning hes hearing Yurcich will be the guy.

On to the next candidate

10. Savage Orange

If it were Kitchens I’d shit twice, bark at the moon and holler a hearty “Roll Tide”....

Alas, none of those three things will be forthcoming.

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Cleveland has 2 likely options:

Go for broke on Mike McCarthy who will pick his own staff, possibly including Kitchens.

-or-

Just promote the in-place staff.

12. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

He is [uck fay]ing clueless. He gets worse every week.

13. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

TLDR summary... He might or might not be worried about the OC as he's trying to close out recruiting, but at the end of the day, he has to get it right. All you fans suck it up.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No, not good.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Maybe.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

message board rumors aren't leaks

17. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

What would y’all think about the drunk booger eating Steve Sarkisian?

18. Savage Orange

I’ll drink to that... as in, I’ll drink myself into a coma so I don’t have to watch UT football any more...

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

No

20. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

How pathetic is it that we are offering at least the 2nd highest OC salary in the country and we can’t make a hire? People don’t want to work for Pruitt. He’s going to micromanage the offense, not let an OC implement their system fully, and he’s going to make them work with his offensive assistants.

I wonder if he’s still waiting for the Bama situation to shake out.