TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Can't announce someone when we haven't hired anyone.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Im asking because everybody has jumped on that train the last 24 hrs.

After 2 weeks you would think if he's the guy there wouldn't be a hold up on either end announcing him.

Im starting to think what Matthews has said on his show is right and Im not sure its anybody that has gotten a ton of talk.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

IMO; Pruitt has a big fish or two hooked and is letting them get through the playoffs, at their request, to announce.

I'll be optimistic until I get kicked in the nutz again.

InVolNerable and DC Vol like this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You've learned by now to wear a cup.

VolDad likes this.
  5. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

The ND OC, or Enos, then? A Clemson assistant?

Especially if it's Enos/Clemson assistant, [uck fay] that. We already dealt with our HC putting us off for the playoffs when he was taking a promotion.

[uck fay] Pruitt if that is what is happening.

If you want to be the OC, we need you asap, if for nothing else, for recruiting purposes, so, start now. Not later. [uck fay] your old team. If Pruitt is too chickenshit to realize that, he's only hurting himself.

I think we're set up for a hell of a nut kicking this time around. Especially after seeing Auburn's hire.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I’m not sure I understand the comment on Auburn’s hire.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I hope you’re right but I’m taking the opposite approach and being pessimistic until UT stops kicking me in the nutz...

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

That’s what I’m screaming. He seems ok enough but it’s not like Auburn hired the next Bill Walsh...

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If it’s Enos and Pruitt is letting him finish the playoffs, we need a new coach. Surely he isn’t stupid enough to try that.

10. RockyHill

I mean I see no reason to believe the guy is incompetent but it’s basically guaranteed UT will hire someone far more qualified to be an SEC OC.

11. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Saban is purposefully holding out and not revealing who he is promoting or hiring for his OC. He holds all the cards.

12. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

Just that if that's all Auburn could manage, I don't see us getting much better. I don't have my hopes up.

13. RockyHill

-Auburn is a complete dumpster fire.
    -Even through the weekend there was a faction of power brokers trying to oust Gus.
    - You combine that with the fact that everyone in the country knows Gus will not let an OC have control, and the fact that Gus supposedly having to guarantee the contracts of any new assistants beyond one year, and these two situations could not be more different.

14. UTVolinExile

UTVolinExile Chieftain

So have we had our daily "expect an announcement in the next 24-48 hours" report yet? If not, who is the smart money betting on to say it today?

15. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

I've accounted for that. I don't think we're at Auburn's current level of dysfunction, but I think we aren't that far off, really.

16. RockyHill

If Pruitt makes a trash hire and the recruiting class doesn’t finish as well as many expected, I’d attribute that to incompetence more than dysfunction.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The "experts" arent mentioning a time frame that I ve heard. Just Yurcich as the name.

I dont think they know anything about either and am convinced they are waiting on Enos.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It’s pretty insulting to be waiting on a QB coach to finish the playoffs before announcing, if that’s the case

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I’d be pissed if he was holding out and potentially hurting our recruiting to help Bama win another title.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That’s hard to believe. That’s when you’d actually want Phil to step in and tell Pruitt to get his shit together.