TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I’m still betting Freddie Kitchens

Savage Orange likes this.
  2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Remember this when we're all talking about when we could have had Propst instead of Anthony Paul Davis.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The longer Briles stays available (provided he’s even leaving Houston, which isn’t a sure thing) the better I like our chances of closing that deal. If he were locked into FSU I feel pretty sure he’d be announced by now. In any event, I’m taking the “all’s well that ends well” approach. If the waiting results in the “right” hire then I’m good with that.

Butthole likes this.
  4. Savage Orange

He’d be my pick of the litter. Culturally he seems like a better fit for what Pruitt wants to do than Briles.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If Briles demands to bring his OL coach...

And Wanya and Wright(potentially) are early signing period commitments, in large part due to their relationship with Will Friend...

Then perhaps we won’t see a hire until after the ink is dry on the early signing period.

6. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I think there will be some assistant coach movement after signing day. Much like we used Robert Gillespie for recruiting then punted him after signing day .

7. Savage Orange

That’s the only real sticking point I see with Briles. If it’s a dealbreaker then so be it.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Tough situation. I wouldnt think Pruitt would keep a friend if he thought he sucked. Thats sabotaging ones own career. If we think he would take a buddy over points and wins, he may as well leave.
    Hes smarter than that. Better be.

9. Savage Orange

He’s smart enough to know getting talent in here is priority number 1. All the coaching in the world won’t appreciably help bad talent. It might take them from bad to acceptable but acceptable in the SEC will get you a .500-.750 (.750 at BEST) record and a pink slip in short time.

10. Ssmiff

Thats been a point about the OC. We are possibly 2-3 years from having a decent qb. We wont do anything with any OC until that wotks itself out

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

*draws line through Drinkwitz name*

12. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Scenario:

It was reported Kendal Briles was interviewed, and later that week Jeff Lebby was interviewed (Briles brother in-law). I don’t think Lebby was interviewed for the OC job. I think he was interviewed to be part of Briles staff.

So I guess it’s possible we hire Briles, and bring Lebby and Briles O-line coach which will push at least 2 current assistants out the door.

Maybe Pruitt didn’t want that staff turnover to scare off Wanya Morris, Darnell Wright, etc. before signing day because they could have close relationships with the coaches being forced out. He lets our recruits sign on Dec 19th and then turns the offensive staff upside down.

If Pruitt carries out that scenario, he’s got big furry nuts.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I may be wrong, but I dont think its gonna be Briles.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

15. Ssmiff

Recruits talk about Pruitts honesty. I assume he has communicated exactly what is going on with the commitments. You dont want to have your first big class feel they were deceived. Jmo

Butthole and Savage Orange like this.
  16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I choose to believe this is going to happen, because the majority of the other scenarios are terrible.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

12914.jpeg

smokysbark and NEW COACH like this.
  18. Savage Orange

This. No way that shit wouldn’t stick to him going forward. It works for the Nick Saban’s of the world but a young coach establishing himself would have problems doing that sort of thing.

19. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Or it's Chris Ostrowsky.