TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

[ddiapos]

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Steve Sarkisian

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

May be on to something here.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just kick a field goal when you cross the 20 to save time and this will work.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

So, what’s impossible, and can be eliminated?

1. Is the OC search in disarray, and Pruitt is in full-blown panic mode?

2. Is the OC search bogged down, and Pruitt has paused it to focus on the more important goal of finishing strong in recruiting?

3. Is Pruitt targeting someone who can’t come until after NSD? Playoff or NFL coach?

Maybe a college coach who doesn’t want to leave their current gig before NSD.

Maybe it’s an NFL coach who can’t “retire” from the NFL with benefits before the end of the season (Dec. 30th).

Maybe it’s a coach who can’t come because they’re about to get a retention bonus...or their buyout is about to drop?

Maybe Heavy is being allowed to fill Helton’s void on the recruiting trail, they think he’s better in that temporary role between now and NSD, and don’t want to officially make a hire and take him off the road.

Maybe Pruitt has his guy, but there are other and larger staff changes that will also need to be made (ie moving Friend off of OL...or out the door), and they don’t want to make them now, for fear of disrupting the class right before NSD. Or maybe Pruitt is having to wait on whomever else is coming with his new OC.

4. Does Pruitt actually have his guy, but they want / need to wait to announce it after NSD, and for all of the reasons previously mentioned (see reasons in #3, above)?

I do find it odd that Briles hasn’t been announced at FSU. This may be purely wishful thinking on my part.

I also think it curious that Pruitt is widely rumored to have interviewed UCF’s QB coach Jeff Lebby, and who is not only Briles’ brother-in-law, but was on staff with him at Baylor. I’m not at all sure that we interviewed Lebby for the OC gig.

If you got way out over your skis in speaking to Freeze before being certain that the UTAD / Admin would approve him...you probably wouldn’t make the same mistake if you wished to move to your next choice in Briles, or anyone else who was in any way involved with the Baylor scandal.

The more important the hire, or the more people you might be considering hiring from that old Baylor staff would likely require an extensive and exhaustive vetting process, and which is unlikely to be quickly completed and signed off on.

Totally just thinking through what might be possible, having no real idea.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

All of the above is possible.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I believe we have our guy.

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I believe that Pruitt has the guy he wants.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Where does Sarkisian rank with the following?

Briles
    Chaney
    Chaney+Pittman
    Yurcich
    Streeter
    Anyone else you want to add thats name has been thrown around.

How much gap is between these candidates?

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Pruitt has done a masterful job here... at least with me. After Helton moved on I obsessed/freaked out/panicked/was pissed etc...

Now my “give a damn” has pretty much subsided and whatever happens, happens. I still want us to hire the best possible candidate but recruiting is a much higher priority right now. If the ‘croots aren’t too worried about the OC situation (and apparently they aren’t because nobody seems to be jumping ship over it...) why should I? Either they know something we don’t (doubtful that a group of 18 year old smart phone having, social media posting, attention whoring kids would be able to keep a secret but whatever....) or Pruitt will make the hire when he gets good and damn ready... and not before. And he gives nary a damn what we want.

VolDad likes this.
  11. Savage Orange

Was thinking Indy or maybe the poster known as (Butch Jones), myself...

12. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Mr. Manning, come on down.

13. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Because teenagers, 18 year olds specifically, are short-sighted idiots that don't know they're idiots.

Savage Orange likes this.
  14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Archie.

15. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Archie who?

NYY and Savage Orange like this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Maybe he can find the cot that Grandpa DeBord left in the booth.

NYY likes this.
  17. Savage Orange

VN would have a collective orgasm, the likes of which would require a FEMA biohazard/disaster area declaration... the cleanup would run into the millions of dollars.

18. Savage Orange

Lord knows that was (and sometimes still IS...) true of me...

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Depends on how whether we allow him to coach sober or if we'll allow him to have a drink or three.

20. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

838F73AE-DA3D-4569-9149-A448AB07C63A.jpeg