TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I mean, the offense wasn't great. Less than 300 yards total offense and only 7 points in the first 50 minutes of game time against a Big 12 defense. If that were Tennessee playing Texas in the Sugar Bowl last night, people on here would be all kinds of pissed about the offense.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They stopped the run and dared Fromm to beat them. He didn't

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Texas left quite a few points on the field too. That game could easily have gotten out of hand well before halftime.

TangoUniform likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

With a small DL, it looked like they sold out on the run and busted upfield, instead of reading and allowing a bigger OL to get on them. I fell asleep. Seems like the flats, draw and screen should have been open.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fromm missed several open guys badly

reVOLt and TangoUniform like this.
  6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

They also fumbled, dropped passes, and had two St [uck fay] ups. I thought they pretty well defined "ill prepared"

NorrisAlan and TangoUniform like this.
  7. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Record setting offense while he was here (Bray's final year I think). Pretty loaded at WR and OL (Pittman).

Unfortunately, the Sunseri defense set records too and not in a good way.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I’m all for Chaney.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Remember when Butch hired DeBord? And outside of this site, most of the fan base heard Jimmy Hyams say some factoid about having the leading rusher in the Big 10 in 2002 and accepted it - even became enthused about it. No one cared that he declined to do a coaching search for a program-defining hire and instead brought his elderly buddy out of a seven year retirement.

Feels like that won’t be the case this time. I think people are primed and ready to be pissed off if Pruitt makes a mediocre to bad hire.

justingroves likes this.
  10. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

OK, come on already, ready for something, anything to be announced... make the "go back to work week" tolerable.

**TDCVOL** likes this.
  11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

This is just a really confusing search. Got to end up with the right guy, but there are several guys out there that can do a great job here. I don’t buy all the “Nobody good wants to come here because of the dysfunction crap”.

Beechervol likes this.
  12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Pruitt still reviewing his chart

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

What’s worse in that Debord hire is that, the prior season, while Debord was UM’s acting athletic director, someone within that AD floated that Michigan might be interested in hiring Butch.

Naturally, Tennessee does a raise and extension for a guy who hadn’t accomplished shit.

Debord made Butch a ton of money. Butch returns the favor by hooking a semi-retired women’s assistant aquatics coach up with a 7-figure income.

And Tennessee just sat back and paid for it all.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Trying to get the cap back on his water bottle.

15. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

They’re saying Yurcich’s deal is $950k and title is passing game coordinator. Wonder if we were really offering $1.4? Doesn’t add up.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And the majority of our fan base was too stupid to connect those dots or too enamored with Butch to care.

justingroves likes this.
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Tyson Helton sure was publicly gracious with his exit. I wonder if in a more private, say coach-to-coach setting, it’s a different matter.

18. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I’m also reading that we never made an offer to Yurcich. Matter of fact, no contact besides the initial meeting.

19. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

It's Chaney/Pittman until it ain't... Who wouldn't give up the Athens hell hole for the mountain vista's of East Tennessee?

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He seems like he would have been a good hire. I’ll be pretty disappointed if we end up with Will Friend’s nephew.