Today: Kentucky vs. Tennessee.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by A-Smith, Feb 16, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

With the dookies loss, this was as close to a perfect bball day as i could ask for.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm not going to lie. I wasn't Foster's biggest fan. It wasn't so much the few fumbles he had coming at the worst times, it was his inconsistencies for me. The guy showed his brilliance at times and then looked just plain lazy at others to me. Of course, I could have just been seeing all wrong.

3. JayVols

Glad you see it that way. I'm pretty harmless for the most part.

4. JayVols

Aren't you doing the special music the next month in addition to being the keeper of the prayer chain for the group?

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

More than anything else it frustrates me that we never really saw top 2 or 3 NFL RB type potential from him while he was here.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Just giving you shit

7. JayVols

Yes. You would see a flash, then it was gone.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I will only speak of Adrian Foster's time at UT in pterodactyl.

9. JayVols

Interesting.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Quotes from Cal lifted from TOOS:

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

eeek eeek aaak eeeek?

12. JayVols

I was thinking along the lines of what their last words were as they saw the killer meteor streaking across the sky just before it hit....

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

You mean when they inexplicably failed to land on the Ark.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Vols already have 4 RPI top 100 wins with a chance for 3 more coming down the stretch. Great opportunity. Especially with UF at 4 and Mizzou at 33.

15. JayVols

Naw, man. The Ark didn't have arrestor cables. Those didn't come until later in history. As a result their beaks got stuck in the wood. I think that's what inspired the invention of arrows, spears, and such.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The entire game I kept waiting for Kentucky to make their run. Or for us to start missing shots again. And somehow, things just kept getting better and better.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This is exactly what I was doing. I didn't fully appreciate how incredible it was because I was waiting for it to all come crashing down. When they opened the second half on a 6-2 run to cut it to 20, I was thinking "here we go." But then we immediately went on a run of our own and it never got below 20. I'm not sure at what point I accepted that we had the game won, but with it being Kentucky, it took a lot longer than it should've

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Until 10 or so minutes left, the 92 lsu/uk game was in the back of my mind, even though i knew this uk team wasn't capable of such a run.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The 4 minute mark in the second half for me.

20. JayVols

Bunch of negative Nancys. Happy thoughts, blind faith, a know-it-all attitude, and one sweeeeeet pair of pom-pom pants makes you a true believing true fan. I get so tired of dealing with people that know absolutely nothing about sports.......