Today: Kentucky vs. Tennessee.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by A-Smith, Feb 16, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Real fans don't wear pants.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

IP...... takin' it to the man errrr the woman.....

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Attitude reflect leadership. Foster is a symbol of what was wrong with UT football in the latter Fulmer era.

4. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

This crew is too lazy to run to the bathroom

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That UK team had guys who would fight you til the last drop of blood. This bunch has zero real fight.

6. wildnkrazykat

Wiltjer is wiltjer. I like him but his defense pisses me off. I respect polson n would rather see him start the rest of the year at this point. Uncle Julius is dumb as a player from time to time and he catches hell for being a senior, though he's as green as anyone else. After the game he did say if you wanna blame nerlens then just don't even play with us the rest of the season

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Typical UK perspective that is completely wrong. You like the in-state white kid who looks like he is hustling even though he is terrible. He's the worst starter in the SEC when he is in your first 5.

You want to know the beginning of the debacle Saturday? It was when Tennessee realized that Golden could get to the rim any time Polson was on the floor. The only player worse than Polson Saturday was Hood, who I can't believe is actually as bad as he is.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Wiltjer can score a little, but it doesn't seem like he does anything else at all.

I also noticed that outside of this year's crop of freshmen, the other players on that team are garbage-time scrubs, at best.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The perception of players based on race in the South is a disturbing and very real trend.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

"Put Skylar in."

11. wildnkrazykat

Harrow has had his head up his ass 70% of the season, at some point, **** him. If he wants to play like a [itch bay], sit on the bench. Don't try to paint me as a racist UK fan because that's just ignorant. I don't care if the guys are black purple or green and pink polka dotted. Just play n stop pouting.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Harrow is UKs best option. I still remember some UK fans clamoring he was as good or better than Teague. They really did believe that.

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

And how is Jon Hood that bad? I remember we recruited him out of high school - never dreamed he would be such a non factor at this point. He was pretty highly rated.

14. wildnkrazykat

Torn ACL and based upon appearance/body language he's lost the desire. I think that's part of this teams problem as a whole. They go they the motions and think that's enough.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was talking to a colleague from UK the other day, and we came to a similar conclusion. These guys came in to the defending national champs in a loaded class. They didn't expect it to be hard. But it's ALWAYS hard, no matter how good you are. Especially when you are a freshman adapting to college, being away from home, classes, etc.

16. wildnkrazykat

Every class up to this point had maturity either mature freshman or a sprinkling of upperclassmen who had been through it. I don't have all these lofty ideas, I've been in the trenches of college basketball long enough to know who has it and who doesn't.

Harrow - no
    Archie -could
    Hood - lost it
    Mayes - role player, needs to be the catalyst of this team
    Polson - values it but doesn't have it
    Poythress - wants to have it but not there yet, reminds me of jones
    Noel - rip
    Wiltjer - can't decide what he wants. No better now than last year and looks worse because he's a focal point now
    Cauley-Stein - needs another year or two. Was recruited based upon intangibles of athleticism n height.

From there who even knows their names...

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Harrow is small, weak, and can't shoot. If he has something to justify his recruiting rank, he hides it extremely well.

Hood was also part of the reason Scotty Hopson wound up at UT rather than UK. Gillispie missed a UHA game he was scheduled to attend to watch Hood practice, and that started what would end up being an epic, disastrous, Billy G meltdown.

18. wildnkrazykat

Poor old Clyde