Tommy Tuberville's Wife Faces Criminal Charges...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LawVol13, Feb 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hmmm. The guy is 87 and died close to four months after the crash. I winder if they'll really be able to prove th le accident caused his death.

Also, was she driving recklessly or under the influence? What would be the call for a criminal charge?

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Probably negligent homicide if there is a charge.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's not really fair, considering the guy was old as hell anyway and died months later.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

They would obviously have to show that he died as a result of his injuries sustained in the car wreck. I think it's in that article where someone says that the Medical Examiner will likely find that he died as a result of those injuries.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, but his age was clearly a factor in his inability to recover.

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yea, that's what it sounds like. It will be interesting to see what happens.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Should that be a factor if she is guilty of wrongdoing?

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

No, I don't think so. Should you be able to beat an old person to a pulp, and when they die weeks later, claim that they would have recovered if they'd been younger? I wouldn't think so.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

My thoughts exactly.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

But this was a traffic accident...

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes. There is a question of whether or not she is guilty of wrongdoing and if it is criminal. I don't know the law well enough to really say.

If she is in fact guilty of wrongdoing does it matter that the guy that died as a result might have lived if he had been younger and/or healthier? I don't think it should.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think one should be punished additionally because an 87 year old man couldn't recover from a broken leg and a concussion.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's the way the law works though. if you survive the punishment is always less even if the crime is worse.

15. punkcat

punkcat Member

If she had not run the red light, the man may still be alive. The M.E. will have to prove the injuries sustained in the crash contributed to his death and she will be charged accordingly.

It was not an accident, it was a crash. An accident is when you spill hot coffee on yourself.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

So if I accidentally gave a hemophiliac a paper cut, that's manslaughter?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not sure if you were talking to me, but if you were somehow doing something wrong/illegal that resulted in the fatal injury, I would say yes. I don't know the circumstances with this wreck so I am refraining from speculating whether or not she was in the wrong.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This is terrible. I know Tommy and Suzanne. She's a bit flaky but a good gal. Tubbs is one of my favorite people. He really is a good dude.

19. JayVols

I have suspicions, not facts, about the wreck's circumstances. Hope they are incorrect.

20. JayVols

Double post.