Top 3: Things I Hate About Jimmy Buffet

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

3. His tone deaf, bong-resin swilling fans and their idiotic parrot-head bullshit (read: a mid-life Dungeons and Dragons Club, but with more tie dye and less [ussy pay]).
    2. His shitty music (it makes Tim McGraw's drivel sound Tchaikovskian in comparison, if you need a working definition of "shitty music")
    1. That he hasn't died yet.

Comments welcome.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Concerts, including runup, are fun as hell.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If you think there's a lack of [ussy pay] around a Buffet show, you've been sadly misinformed.

4. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Cinci is a great show..

Got no problem with the resentment either he has certainly built an empire on a few chords, but will give JB some lyrical props..."the junior mints were mushy but the sex was neat".

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

loaded. The music isn't high brow, but the shows are entertaining and it's a freaking rowdy crowd, especially prior. The bikini contests and game shows at the tailgates are salty.

6. volinbham

volinbham Member

Agree about the pre-concert. Went to one at Lakewood Amp. in ATL. Was a blast. Partied all day - hot chicks everywhere. When the show started I went home. Great free afternoon.

Parrotheads can be annoying though - it's all they want to listen to over and over and over.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I defy someone to listen to Death of an Unpopular Poet, Survive, or If The Phone Doesn't Ring It's Me and tell me the guy doesn't have top notch lyrics.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If I were stuck in a room with Kiffin, Phil Fulmer and Jimmy Buffet and given a gun, three bullets and legal liberty to shoot anyone in the room -

I'd shoot Buffet three times, just to be certain he was dead.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And then club the other two to death, right?

10. volinbham

volinbham Member

Hey fl0at I tried to respond to your email about 8th being down but my outbound emails are jacked up for some reason. My mail still keeps trying to send it so it may show up in a few days.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Thanks for the attempt, anyway. Good heads up, though.

12. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Margaritaville is a really shitty restaurant.

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Definitely three of my favorites, especially Death of an Unpopular Poet, but I'll add:

Defying Gravity
    Distantly in Love
    I Heard I Was in Town
    I Have Found Me A Home
    Captain And the Kid.

I also absolutely love Tin Cup Chalice, but not sure I can put it in the "great lyrics" category. I'm a big Buffett fan, but according to an ex, I'm not a Parrothead by any means because of the songs I like.

And anyone that doesn't have a fun time at a Jimmy Buffett concert/pre show, you are purposely trying to have a craptastic day.

14. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

He doesnt really bother me and I will listen to his music.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't mind his songs, but there is something really really sad about 50 year olds following him around living the "margaritaville" lifestyle.

16. volinbham

volinbham Member

Couple pics from the Lakewood show about 10 years ago. One is some kid with Barbie and GI Joe coitus on his hat. The other is my uncle and I and a bunch of coeds.

Attached Files:

17. volinbham

volinbham Member

If you cut me in for a percentage I'll destroy all photographic evidence and recall "the night you came up with the idea".

18. WM

WM Active Member

Was going to post this.

19. WM

WM Active Member

Think it's called Cheeseburger In Paradise, or are they different?

20. MacReady

MacReady New Member

It's just called Margaritaville at the dump in Myrtle Beach.