Track and Field

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jul 28, 2019.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah it seems like they face steep competition. One of the twins plays football too the other just focuses on track. I’m glad they got the chance to go to nationals this summer - should help them with colleges this fall before they run their final season.

They are great kids that have been through a lot. They came to my cousin via adoption when they were babies but the mother decided she wanted them back and that was tried for a bit when they were little and then she got locked back up and they came permanently to my cousin and her husband. He unfortunately passed away when they were in elementary school and it’s just been my cousin and them since then. But she’s provided them a great supportive environment and they’ve really thrived.

CitrusCo.Vol and Unimane like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Anna Hall is hot

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A fortnight in heaven for me. USA already with two golds and an upset in the mixed relay. I'm shocked Femke Bol was reeled in by the US runner.

4. Ssmiff

2 falls near finish line in last hour

5. Unimane

Both by the Dutch and the two Dutch superstars, at that. Rough first day for them, making Austin Powers very happy.

6. Ssmiff

pressure caused it. Bol was rolling and looked at ease. Felt pressure, look on her face changed all of a sudden and it’s as if her body forgot to stride like she’d done for 375 meters.

7. Unimane

Bol feeling the pressure is still strange, to me. She's not a rookie and is probably #2 in success behind Sydney McLaughlin. My guess is she was surprised the USA girl was there and had an "Oh shit" moment, overextending herself. I still think Bol wins the 400m hurdles, but this was not good for her. She got run down and that doesn't happen to her (McGlaughlin is usually way ahead of everyone to matter).

8. Unimane

Lyles is amazing. Go get that 200m record, young man.

9. Unimane

It's great to have the fastest man in the world as an American again. I don't know if Lyles is ever going to catch Bolt in the 200, though.

10. Unimane

We own the relays now, but, damn, we are a hot mess making the passes. Getting DQ'd in a 4x400m relay is mind boggling. There's no way you [uck fay] that up.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
    Memtownvol likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst