Track and Field

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jul 28, 2019.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah it seems like they face steep competition. One of the twins plays football too the other just focuses on track. I’m glad they got the chance to go to nationals this summer - should help them with colleges this fall before they run their final season.

They are great kids that have been through a lot. They came to my cousin via adoption when they were babies but the mother decided she wanted them back and that was tried for a bit when they were little and then she got locked back up and they came permanently to my cousin and her husband. He unfortunately passed away when they were in elementary school and it’s just been my cousin and them since then. But she’s provided them a great supportive environment and they’ve really thrived.

CitrusCo.Vol and Unimane like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Anna Hall is hot

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A fortnight in heaven for me. USA already with two golds and an upset in the mixed relay. I'm shocked Femke Bol was reeled in by the US runner.

4. Ssmiff

2 falls near finish line in last hour

5. Unimane

Both by the Dutch and the two Dutch superstars, at that. Rough first day for them, making Austin Powers very happy.

6. Ssmiff

pressure caused it. Bol was rolling and looked at ease. Felt pressure, look on her face changed all of a sudden and it’s as if her body forgot to stride like she’d done for 375 meters.

7. Unimane

Bol feeling the pressure is still strange, to me. She's not a rookie and is probably #2 in success behind Sydney McLaughlin. My guess is she was surprised the USA girl was there and had an "Oh shit" moment, overextending herself. I still think Bol wins the 400m hurdles, but this was not good for her. She got run down and that doesn't happen to her (McGlaughlin is usually way ahead of everyone to matter).

8. Unimane

Lyles is amazing. Go get that 200m record, young man.

9. Unimane

It's great to have the fastest man in the world as an American again. I don't know if Lyles is ever going to catch Bolt in the 200, though.

10. Unimane

We own the relays now, but, damn, we are a hot mess making the passes. Getting DQ'd in a 4x400m relay is mind boggling. There's no way you [uck fay] that up.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
    Memtownvol likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

12. Ssmiff

@Unimane you watching track?
    This 10k makes me nauseous. This lead guy Mantz looks knock kneed and pidgeon toed and his heels never touch the track but he’s a machine.

lol edit looks like he’s gassed now

13. Unimane

Of course. I missed most of the 10K picking up my daughter. That race is no joke on the track. 25 laps, yuck.

Harrison Williams in the decathlon is still the best athlete I've ever seen at the TN state track meet and that includes Jalen Ramsey and a couple of Olympians.

14. Unimane

Tennessee's Christian Coleman failed to make the 100m Olympic team for Paris by finishing 4th tonight. He's on the relay, which should win gold (if they don't [uck fay] up the handoffs - not even close to a given with the USA). He had the lead with 30 meters to go, but his usual issue of not having the best maintaining speed for the end of the race reared its ugly head.

Unfortunately for Christian, I think this might be his last best chance. He'll be 32 in 2028. Him having the whearabouts suspension for Tokyo really blew his best chance at individual gold.

15. Unimane

Athing Mu not getting to defend her 800m gold in Paris because she fell in the Trials is among the worst moments I can remember for a track athlete. One trip from behind and your 4 year efforts are scrapped. Especially Mu, as she's had issues with her success and took time off to get her head right. One of our best ever 800m runners, maybe best, and she's not going to the Olympics while she's in her prime. Sucks.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

US needs to adjust their qualifications. Other countries have some wiggle room for if/when this kind of thing happens.

17. Unimane

Man, the US Trials are so unforgiving. In the 2020 Olympics, 13.09 got silver. Tonight, that time was 5th.

The sprints are no less harsh. Both men and women are going to have some solid 200 (and 100) sprinters staying home. Christian Coleman is one of them. The relays better hit in Paid.

Also, Sha’Carri Richardson has really matured. Love her attitude and preparation for these Trials. I’d be shocked if she doesn’t win the 100.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup. She's been impressive the last couple of nights.

Didn't see the 100 trials, but the 3 guys in the 200 all seem like likable guys too, on top of being absurdly fast.

The shot put women scare me.

19. Ssmiff

Yeah she looks and acts like a different person. The flashy hair and eyelashes and look at me stuff and attitude is gone. She’s a beast and easy to pull for now.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wow. Richardson didn’t make the 200.