Train Thief Steal Bus

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Nov 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

You win. We'll just put him in prison for life. Much better for everyone.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The guy has done it 29 times. At some point you have to up the punishment ante or consider that he might need mandatory psychiatric care.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's mental. Why would punishment work?

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Stealing the plane could solve the problem.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hence the "or".

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm all for giving him the chair.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

this is the exact mentality that leads to hordes and hordes of medicated people just cruising around society posing as normal, functioning people. You consistently argue that access to weapons is an enormous problems in the mass shooting arena, but self-medicated psych patients is a much, much larger issue.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, it isn't. My mentality is to treat sick people, not throw them in prison. We have more people in prison per capita than anyone in the world. You frequently make shit up about my views. You could just ask.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why "or?" Why not just the latter?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Because I think it would be nice if the threat of incarceration was enough to stop him. The alternative would most likely be medicating him into a borderline coma.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Just to be clear, I don't care if shitheads are rehabilitated, I just don't want them to be around my family or my stuff. Jail seems to be a decent way of keeping them away from me.