Trans portal from Transfer portal 2020

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Savage Orange, Dec 6, 2021.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I know a few folks who are trans (one being one of my best friends for about the last 30 years). I am by no means an authority, but the sexuality (for lack of a better choice of words) is completely separate from the identity. So the person that identifies as a woman may be into males or females or both or neither.

As I understand it, the treatments and surgeries have remarkable effects on their psyche. Even if they do not elect for surgery, just hormone replacement therapy can do what traditional psychotherapy or mental health medications cannot. So, one part is about their own happiness and well-being while the other part is about attraction, connection, sexuality, etc

That’s probably way oversimplified, but it’s what I’ve got

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Yes, gender is a psychological concept, sex is biological, when the two are misaligned, seems to me we have a psychological disorder that should be treated with psychiatry vs body mutilation and hormones.

But I guess I'm old fashioned.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wouldn't even circumcise my child, so I understand being cautious about that kind of thing but ultimately folks have the right to pursue tattoos, piercings and yes even surgery for aspects of their body that do not align with their identity. The professional performing the procedure knows more about the case than those not connected would. I believe the field of psychiatry does not see this situation as a disorder. But if it were, all the more reason to be kind and compassionate.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is really interesting, and further leads me to believe that there is a lot more going on physically with trans people. The brain and the mind being mismatched to the sex chromosome.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yeah, I’m an asshole sometimes. Wasn’t really trying to derail the thread either. I guess that degree in Asshattery paid off after all…

zehr27 likes this.
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

People with asshattery degrees are real people too.

8. Savage Orange

I’m friends with a couple of trans folks. I showed one that meme not too long ago and he (used to be she…) said, in a John Wayne accent no less… “sewing a pecker on your [ussy pay] doesn’t make you a man, it just makes you somebody who sewed a pecker on your [ussy pay]”… and we laughed our asses off about it.

zehr27 likes this.
  9. Savage Orange

My friend in the above post hasn’t had any reassignment surgery (and has no plans to do so) but has undergone hormone treatments. He’s happy as can be as he currently is and we give each other shit all the time. He’s a hell of a lot rougher on me than I am on him, I know that. If I hear another chorus of “Cis”co kid is a friend of mine” I’m gonna scream.

emainvol likes this.