Transfer portal

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Dec 2, 2019.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I just don't want Lavar Ball hanging around.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's.........................something.

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Lol you gotta be a big bastard to sit down and smash your finger to the point of requiring amputation.

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

IF Cade Mays can get approved to play next year by the NCAA and Trey Smith returns, Kennedy at center, Smith and Mays at guards, Morris and Wright at the tackle spots. This gets me excited!

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The OL will look good on paper, but it's got to get better than it was this year, especially with the run. They had trouble running on [uck fay]ing Indiana. Hopefully, some experience on the line will help furnish this.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's 4 5*s on the o-line.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Huge. I think the OL will be a major strength next year.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's really only two maulers on the oline, Morris and Wright aren't there yet physically and Kennedy never will be great at it.

Carvin got hurt 12 snaps in, too. He's a good run blocker.

An interior oline of Smith, Kennedy and Mays with Akporoghene, Carvin and Calbert as the 2s....those are guys that get after it run blocking.

chavisut and Unimane like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

you're as strong as your weakest link.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Like I said earlier, I hope the year of experience will make this happen. We were 13th in the SEC last year in rushing average. It has to get better. Perhaps a tangible threat in the air will help (i.e. no JG).

11. chavisut

I think it will. If Mays is eligible our interior will have two maulers. Gotta expect/hope the freshman take big steps forward.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Biggest jumps, typically, are freshmen to sophomore years for every position.

utvol0427 and chavisut like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt fixed the defensive line in one recruiting class.

It looks like he's going to fix the offensive line in two

Memtownvol and hohenfelsvol like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

we are going down to Georgia on a holy quest to retrieve the relic known as the reliquary of Father Mays. God wills it.

15. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

Weird... Some people have said this should be enough for immediate eligibility because it's an open lawsuit. I have no idea if that's true.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Rumor on twitter that Tee’s son Amari may transfer from Clemson to UT. Goodness

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Carvin actually turned into one of my favorite players.

18. chavisut

He plays mean.

A-Smith likes this.
  19. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

This! This all has been the most unlikely Tennessee in he last 10 or so years! I don’t want to get my hopes sky high because we’re still Tennessee! Are we finally turning a massive corner? Are we suddenly getting to a level we were in the 90’s? Is it all because LSU is in the championship game and we’re out of the curse? I don’t know. It’s moving too fast for me at this point!

Memtownvol, hohenfelsvol and A-Smith like this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sounds a bit dramatic.