Transfers

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Apr 23, 2018.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Don’t know about Alabama, but he was a top 250 player with offers from Michigan, UF, Notre Dame, Penn St, and USC.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Not sure but he had many. Honestly, the memory thing sounds like something you would hype up.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Shoop said he had one. Doesn't really matter what you recognize if you can't anticipate and stay healthy.. Honestly never to me looked like he played like a 240 lb linebacker . I was thinking more like 220ish

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I remember the quote and the hype about it.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What’s the story on Kirkland?

And I recall that we were afraid that he’d bolt from his commitment to us, once Michigan hired Harbaugh, and who pushed hard for him.

6. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Transferring to UNC to be with Thigpen

7. Tenacious D

Uh, ok, Darrin. Best of luck.

zehr27 and hohenfelsvol like this.
  8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

From what I remember he was good when he was in but he was out a lot.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thigpen is awful. No one improved under him.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Clearly you missed the closing speed improvements by Colton Jumper on the QB shown below...

[​IMG]

11. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I usually like Swain but this isn’t a very educated take. A grad transfer has to count against a recruiting class, so to say a grad transfer will take Kirkland Jr’s “spot” doesn’t make any sense. We have room on the 85 man roster regardless if DKjr was here or not. DKjr transferring has no barring whatsoever on a grad transfer being able to come here. The only way this tweet makes sense is if we get a grad transfer linebacker and I highly doubt any grad transfer linebacker is an upgrade over DKjr. Rant over.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Swain basically said the staff isn't worried about it.

13. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

If you aren’t completely on board the staff is saying gtfo. Setting the tone year 1. Best time to do it.

Ssmiff likes this.
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Gee coach, I really like the way the staff that just had two of the worst defenses of all time did it. Why don't we just keep things the same?

15. Tenacious D

No idea what’s true or not, but it’s possible that his “spot” comment isn’t speaking to either the roster or a particular class....but specifically to the starter at MIKE LB, and which there is only one.

So, if a coach tells a kid that they’ve got a grad transfer coming in to compete for his spot....the kid may decide he doesn’t want to compete for said spot, or is afraid he won’t be able to hold the spot, so he basically avoids it by abandoning and leaving it.

16. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Right, the only way that tweet makes sense is if we are bringing in a grad transfer MIKE LB. Which I have heard absolutely nothing about. Offensive line and defensive back has been the only position mentioned recently.

17. Tenacious D

Like I said, I have no idea.

My assumption is that everyone who transfers and one (1) who declared early was due to their lack of willingness to meet the level of desire to compete and to work as this staff expects, and hence, we’re better off without.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We sure do have a lost of "lost" recruiting classes in the last decade.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Scuttlebutt that Fitzgerald ran him off.

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Well then he was a pansy and we didn't want him anyway and I can't wait till Berry meets him over the middle.