Trump Doctrine: “We’re America, [itch bay]”

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 11, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will disagree because of climate change. Who knows, it may make Canada the next bread basket of the world, but it scares me.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The best deal imaginable for the US might be unfair, i.e. no tariff on dairy or a products but a very high tariff on lumber and Justin beiber.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Russia, and they know it.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Agree. Way too many are happy to sell out future generations for their own well being today. I've had a few flat out tell me they don't care because they won't be around to feel the effects. I do not understand the thinking, but plenty of it out there.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Canada is our number two trade partner behind china.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think we will navigate it successfully.

A lot of promising advancements even with livestock production through rotational grazing that would sequester the carbon while build soil and prevent water run off into water sheds.

7. NorrisAlan

I welcome a high, VERY high tariff on Beiber.

Tenacious D likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

I know you are in the farming business, so I hope you are right.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There’s some pretty amazing stuff being done on that front. The advancements in electric fencing has made it

You should YouTube Greg Judy and Joe Salatin

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Something that we can all agree on.

Tenacious D likes this.
  11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Drake too?

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think many, myself included, have argued the rhetoric (the messaging) is the most problematic part.

13. TennTradition

I took it to mean a better deal could still be unfair to us - or become unfair for the other party.

IP likes this.
  14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

How much would Crown Royal cost if Trump can work out a better deal? I'm obviously a Beam guy, so just wondering.

TennTradition likes this.
  15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What’s patient diplomacy gotten us, besides $300B in deficit to China and another $130B to the EU?

16. NorrisAlan

What makes you think that these defecits are mostly due to governmental policies?

A-Smith likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why should there not be trade deficits in manufactured goods?

18. TennTradition

In an administration that doesn’t apologize for anything (by rule it seems), Navarro has already had to come out and give a mea culpa interview and apologize for the rhetoric.

He did a disservice to the administrations objectives. It was over the line. He knows it. Trump obviously knows it hurt more than helped or Navarro would have never offered the apology. It was ridiculous.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Perhaps. Maybe even likely. But then, maybe not.

Good cop / bad cop sometimes works, and quite effectively.

But, even if you’re right, and differing opinions actually exist within the Administration, it won’t be Navarro’s opinion or preference that wins out.

My larger point is this: The United States has a commanding position in any trade talks, no matter who the POTUS is, and must only cede that which they choose to do, allow or permit. Now, how quickly and far things get pushed, or how insistent they may choose to be in their demands - and the overarching wisdom of it - are certainly more than fair points of question and debate.

But I will gently remind again - it isn’t the EU, China, South Korea or Canada who elected Trump, and they won’t re-elect him, either.

While some may not like or agree with what he’s doing, and there may absolutely be legitimate concerns as to the long-term wisdom of his approach and direction - seeing it through a 2020 lens might offer some clarity as to it’s ultimate aim and intended purpose, if only secondarily.