POLITICS Trump EO on Big Tech

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, May 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Imagine the highest office in the land advocating for violence against American citizens without due process, and people not even blinking.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Are you insane? Do you read that as he’s saying that he’s going to be shooting people....or that lawless looting leads to lawless shooting....you know, as a person with a functioning brain would read it?

zehr27 likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, that's exactly how 75% of Americans will read this - lawless rioting leads to lawless shooting -

[​IMG]

Tenacious D likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What? No one with a functioning brain would read it that way.

Military stands behind you.
    Looting starts, shooting starts.

It takes some serious mental gymnastics not to see that first sentence and the second sentence are connected. Now, if he said "These kinds of things often turn violent, and when the looting starts, shooting starts". That is NOT what he said.

"...These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!"

We will assume control. Looters will be shot. That is what he is saying. Plain and simple.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weird, in 1968 when George Wallace said it, people didn't see it that way.

6. Tenacious D

If you honestly think that any reasonably-minded person will - or even could - read this as Trump threatening to send the military into Minneapolis to shoot Americans, I don’t how to respond in a way that would be helpful to you.

7. CardinalVol

There's always a tweet -

[​IMG]

8. CardinalVol

That's how basically everyone, other than you and the cult of Trump, are reading this.

TennTradition and The Dooz like this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s probably the stupidest thing he’s ever tweeted. Which is something

TennTradition likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

At the very least, Trump should know by now that he's never going to get the benefit of the doubt in these situations.

11. Tenacious D

I’m comfortable in my position on this.

12. Tenacious D

How much more starkly contrasted could those photos and situations possibly be?

13. CardinalVol

Not surprising.

14. Tenacious D

You can call or believe what you want - where and when I think Trump is wrong, I have and will continue to say so.

Where I don’t believe he is, I’m not going to say so. I’m just not going to be intellectually dishonest to what I believe to be true.

While I think I’ve proven myself to be willing to consider just about anything, or anyone’s viewpoint, it’s impossible for me to adequately convey how infinitesimally little concern that I ultimately have as to who dis/agrees with me, likes it, hates it, thinks it cultish, is angered by it, etc., as it relates to what I think and believe.

And once I’ve taken a position, I can only be moved by compellingly accurate and evidence-based arguments.

Once I’m confident in the conclusions I’ve reached, they are what they are, and I’m perfectly comfortable and contended to stand completely alone.

I assume that everyone is the same, but perhaps some are more / less willing than others.

15. CardinalVol

Ok.

16. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

[​IMG]

Just a note: this picture was within days, at the exact same location of the "only white people can brandish firearms openly". Nothing happened, it was totally legal. They peacefully made their point and left.

It doesn't fit the narrative, and it's been conveniently memory-holed and outright ignored by people that seek to fan flames where possible.

17. Tenacious D

Some here have this pesky habit of automatically viewing any person lawfully exercising their right to bear arms as being a menace.

And even though they hate it, they know that your point is exactly correct.

18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I've seen this a TON in my social media circles, where I have a pretty wide range of friends.

There were 2 white dudes armed and helping protect a store. The narrative was "white people using white privilege to protect white wealth" and it was eaten up because that's what people wanted to see.

Of course, the actual story was there were 4 guys there, 2 white and 2 black. They were all armed and protecting a small black business.

This is the danger of social media... people don't want facts. People don't want context. People just want their own biases to be confirmed, no matter how it's done. The most troubling aspect of this wonderful balkanization is how easily we're being pitted against one another. OWS was a close-call.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Also, if you want this to continue getting worse, certainly do advocate for military (albeit state-level National Guard) to roll into an area and indiscriminately start shooting people.

And, as always, there is a Trump tweet criticizing Trump: