POLITICS Trump Letter to Nancy RE: Abortion

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jan 18, 2019.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes. I don't write a check directly to Planned Parenthood. Point proven!

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is a good place to remind everyone of my plan to revolutionize both the tax system AND curb government spending AND begin to work on the deficit....

Step 1: The IRS can no longer automatically remove taxes from any paycheck. Employees / workers are given every dime they’ve actually earned, on payday.

Step 2: Every taxpayer must go to a local IRS payment office and physically pay their owed taxes, in cash. Cold, hard cash on the counter. Count it out, push it in.

Step 3: The IRS has to give you a receipt which tells you exactly what bucket of programs your tax dollars are going toward - healthcare, infrastructure, defense, etc.

30-60 days is about all it’d take, if even that long.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

For the nation to completely collapse?

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Even if the government does... you still aren’t writing a check directly to Planned Parenthood.

So maybe you’re missing the point, in an effort to prove one.

5. fl0at_

We’re going to need to print more money to turn back into a cash based society...

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No. You've missed the point where something potentially happening as an inadvertent consequence of funding a program is different than setting up a program for the intended purpose of making something happen. But go on.

7. fl0at_

Show me where money is earmarked for abortion, and if abortion doesn’t happen, the money is lost.

Show me. Oh, you can’t?

You mean it is also only potentially? Amazing...

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I said specifically it was for projects intended to facilitate abortions. Yes, some pregnant woman has to actually walk through the door for said abortion to occur.

9. cpninja

cpninja Member

How many people who hope PP gets defunded have ever been to a Planned Parenthood office? How many have received some form of care there(or are even aware of the services they offer)? Listening to some people you'd think they're nothing more than an abortion mill whom is being completely funded by the federal government via my tax dollars

IP, The Dooz and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed, the vast majority of things they do have nothing to do with abortion.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If PP was not allowed to do abortions but could still do everything else they currently do would most be OK with continuing to fund PP?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

They are one of the few/only places where abortions are performed, in wide swaths of the country. The whole fight to defund PP is to do an end-around on Roe v. Wade.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

But they are not the only place?

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Why can’t we live in a world in which its possible to recognize and fund the many good and necessary things that they do, but not those other things which we find to be morally reprehensible?

If abortions are but a small part of what PP offers (and I have no idea, but will trust your estimate), why not simply stop performing and outsource those services to any number of willing providers, and which aren’t government funded?

As in most things, there’s a way to give everyone what they want - but we’ve got two groups who are so hell-bent on their way or no way, and diametrically opposed to one another, as to make it impossible to achieve it.

Until and if SCOTUS rules to change its longstanding stance on RvW, the law of the land says that abortions are legal.

Until roughly 1/2 of the country stops seeing abortion as being something other than the murdering an unborn child, and as a means of birth control for irresponsible adults, they’re never going to be ok with it, and damned sure not with the Feds subsidizing it.

Neither side has to like the way it is, and both can wish and work to help others see it differently, but until then, this is the reality of it all.

15. fl0at_

And how do hospitals not “intend to facilitate” an abortion?

16. fl0at_

Where is the bill and intent to allow Planned Parenthood to continue on in only those other aspects?

Let’s put that on the table first.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Many do.

18. fl0at_

So we’re against funding them, to maintain consistency?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I find a great many things going on morally reprehensible. One of them is trying to deny body autonomy to women. Now what?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

For many places, they absolutely are.