Tyler

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by O+W=H., Aug 8, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

$2,500 fine and 6 months in jail maximum. TWRA doesn't play with reckless operation charges.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just got this off Rucker's Facebook. The internets never rest.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

TWRA sucks. They are a law unto themselves.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

From my personal, albeit limited, experiences with TWRA, you'd be hard-pressed to find a more laid-back and genuinely helpful group of people, IMO. I've never known one to go out of their way to screw with someone, much less some putz on a jet ski, without feeling as if they had little choice but to do otherwise.

Admittedly, this is less than nothing on the radar...but at some point, Bray has to realize that anything he does, however inconsequential it is and would be to most, is going to be exponentially magnified simply because it's him.

It's neither "right" not "fair", for sure, but reality.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's one big ass beer bottle Bray is holding.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If I was in the spotlight during my college days, I would've ended up more outcast than Hester Prynne

7. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

dismissed

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

from the team

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dooley is not that stupid.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Reading GVX about this incident makes me want to blow my brains in. Hell, how many college kids don't go have fun on the water. All this talk about suspension and dismissal and Bray is going to cost Dooley his job crap is getting to be intolerable.

11. JayVols

That has been my experience as well, but I am a Hunter's Ed instructor. I work with them all the time. I've known one guy that was....difficult.

Now if you want to talk coastal SC wildlife officers, we can talk on that subject. I got a warning this summer for no registration for sitting in a boat tied to the dock scooping water out of the boat. It's registered to my bro-in-law, I hadn't run the boat all trip, and my bro-in-law is 50 feet away at the pool with the registration card.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think this is the biggest deal in the world, but I don't understand the hate that the TWRA officer is taking over this.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't get it. There have been some TWRA officers that were more than helpful in our run-ins with them.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've dealt with a lot of game wardens and the overwhelming majority of them are nice. There are a lot of obscure rules you have to follow while owning a boat (who the hell actually keeps a fire extinguisher on a boat?) which I think makes people dislike them.

There was one GW that had it out for us because we shot around 45 coots in a day (the limit is 15 per person and there were 4 of us, totally legal). A coot is a trash duck that seems to swim towards loud noises. Well, we didn't pick one up and he read us the riot act for leaving a dead bird in the corn stubble. It was an accident, but he acted like we killed a man and threw him out.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If I was Dooley with my ass on the line, I'd be nervous about Bray's decision making abilities.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is hard for me to quantify the amount of big deal this is, it is so tiny.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One thing that does **** me off about the TWRA is the fact an Arkansas state trooper let Dyer go with a bag of weed and a pistol with a warning while they write Bray a ticket for riding a jet ski.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure that guy's job is in serious jeopardy for letting Dyer go

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He got fired, but he's a true Arkansas State (RWFL?) fan imo iyam jmo

20. JayVols

I'm former firefighter safety guy. I have 2 extinguishers in my boat.....