Tyndall Can Coach.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Dec 14, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Tyndall going to survive? If I am Hart, I lawyer the hell up, tell NCAA to go **** itself until they fix UNC's mess.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Tyndall is an example of what we've been trying to say about Jones to the fluffers. Even if you have a talent deficient team, a good coach will still shine through and demonstrate his quality by the play of his team. We won't be much above .500, if at all, but we seem to look like we are well coached and that goes a long way to earning some amount of credibility as you build "brick by brick".

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

#violationbyviolation

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He came here with a scheme and plan to execute it. It fits reasonably well with the college game and his personnel. That all helps.

He appears to be a very competent coach. His team still doesn't rebound and that's the main concern I have.

5. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I 100% agree with this. Until something is done at UNC, and I grew up a big fan of Dean Smith, Hart and UT should tell the NCAA to FO.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It sucks to read all of this, and to know that he may be fired in a few months.

7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I think so too

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I like the zone trap followed by 1-3-1 with length up top. If we'd get after the boards hard in that, the defense is the right one for the modern game.

The offense is just flat out limited by shooting and ballhandling.

9. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I like it as well. A great man defense is still the best one there is, but not many people can make it great. A pretty good zone is way better than a mediocre man defense. And there are some teams that flat out cannot run a zone offense.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is where I am. There's just so many teams that just flat out can't execute against it.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like Tennessee teams of the last 10 years?

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

better

13. JohnnyQuickkick

I thought Butler would, if anybody would, and they didn't, either.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Don't have a good feeling tonight. Not sure State is any good, but road games close to exam period always worries me.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

we're about due for a dose of reality

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And we got it. Just looking at the box score, so there might be more to the story other than 11 point loss.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It was actually better than I expected. Turner and Lacey were just too good.

18. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

They were hitting some crazy 3's

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I didn't get to see it due to being in the urgent care clinic with two sick kids, but sounds like NCState was lights out from deep.

20. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Kept waiting for them to eventually start missing. Never happened.