[uck fay] Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Nov 13, 2021.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

His calf was on the ground before the ball came out.

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

It wasn’t a fumble.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yeah, I didn’t see that as being a fumble either. Hand and forearm clearly on the ground before the ball came out. That supposed “horsecoller” tackle that wiped out a sack/intentional grounding call was BS (or HS, more appropriately…) also.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Those early teen Bama teams were the first ones I thought of with this UGA team. Just soul crushing on defense.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I thought it was a fumble. The ball was moving (yes, it wasn't out of touch with his skin, but it was definitely moving which is all that is needed) before any part of his body hit the ground.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

His shin was down before he bounced off the defender. You could only see if from the end zone angle but it looked pretty clear from that one.

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

First drive 3rd and 6 qb run was huge imo. They end up scoring on that drive. Potential 14 pt swing.
    Then next drive we have 2nd and 2. Hooker had space on 3rd and 2 but handed it off. We end up not getting the first down. Big swing again
    Payton going down hurt and may have been part of the bad INT that again changed momentum and we didn't recover

8. Tar Volon

We kicked on a 4th and 1 and a 4th and 3 when the game was still close. Honestly, I think you could’ve argued for going for it in either of those situations. Once we went down 14? If your goal is to be the first team to score 20, then sure, kick it and coast to a 41-23 loss. If you’re still trying to win, and you have a 4th and 4 in the red zone down two TDs? You gotta go for it.

justingroves, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I could be misremembering, but wasn't that "fumble" a 4th down play? So they would have gotten the ball anyway. It was just a matter where they got the ball.

Agree, the "horsecollar" sack was BS.

Hooker did not seem as sharp as he has been.

We were not very good on 3rd down, both O and D.

The talent and depth disparities were on display.

Kirby is an azz.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. Tar Volon

Announcer got it wrong, it was 3rd

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and Poppa T like this.
  11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Why am I not surprised.