POLITICS Ukraine

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 22, 2022.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I would say true for well supplied troops with high morale and leadership. I am sensing that each and every day brings them closer to a house of cards.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The lend/lease bill is passed by both houses and is on the President's desk. Seems like a significant problem for Russia.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

NATO GDP is about 20x Russia's. Win or lose, this war is very bad for the Russian people.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Germany is giving Ukraine it's cobra radar system. This system detects where artillery is fired from and where it will hit. It shares the source of artillery fire as coordinates to counter artillery.

This has the potential to completely neutralize Russian artillery.

There is no mention of how this system may function in anti air defense, but it stands to reason it may also augment that as well.

Not sure when it gets deployed, but that's going to make holding what they have very difficult

gcbvol and tvolsfan like this.
  5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Looks like Ukraine took out another warship...

The Russian Frigate ‘Admiral Makarov’ Might Be The Juiciest Target In The Black Sea [Forbes]

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It really bothers me that we divulged this.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Why isn't this administration doing more?!"

"Why are they divulging their support?!"

Are Americans just collectively stupid?

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You’ve never seen me say they should be doing more. Wouldn’t it make sense that a collection of people would have disparate opinions? Do you think we should publicize this? I don’t want to get nuked oddly enough

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If this is in response to “why aren’t we doing more” then that’s shitty leadership

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Like if we get nuked it should not be for bragging that we helped

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

They know what we are doing. If the nukes are coming, they're coming. And we can't not do what we are doing.

tvolsfan and HCKevinSteele like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that is underestimating the role DoD and CIA plays in these matters. I think more likely than not that this is a neon sign to both Russian leadership and to China that we are still on another level, in that without even getting involved we can take a country like Ukraine and walk them through destroying the second strongest military power in the world on their own front lawn, over the phone.

in fact, I am confident that is the intent of it. Russia is no match for Europe or the US. So stop prolonging the inevitable and stop losing assets you can't replace to Ukraine. Call it a day.

tvolsfan, SetVol13 and HCKevinSteele like this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would rather just be quiet about it and let Ukraine take all the glory

tvolsfan and VolDad like this.
  16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hopefully this will be over soon, but I do worry Russia has positioned itself to handle this dragging out. Unless the people of Russia revolt on it.

The west is going to use central banking and deficit spending to back Ukrainian effort while Russia has backed its currency with commodities and gold. The European countries being forced to buy oil and gas in the ruble has strengthened their currency.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

yeah no need to put this out on purpose unless you’re trying to win points domestically.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's a proxy war. You do everything except fire the bullet.

tvolsfan, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are reasons, I already stated one.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is a good reason if Putin is a rational actor. But watching Russian TV there is apparently some appetite in their govt for just burning the whole thing down. We *are* next level. Russia can’t win. But they can certainly burn the whole thing down.

Also, I read reports that Biden is furious about the leaks.