POLITICS Ukraine

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 22, 2022.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I find no pleasure in it, but humanity is in a death spiral and it's our own collective doing. We wise up or we perish. If not nuclear holocaust soon it will be climate a bit later.

Too many heads planted firmly in the sand.

SetVol13 and utvol0427 like this.
  2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Irrelevant whataboutism I don’t have time for. Believing humanity doesn’t “deserve” to die in a nuclear fire isn’t some insane hot take.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's weird, not responding to a tactical nuke with nuclear holocaust will effectively endorse the use tactical nukes in the future which will lead to the lowering of the acceptable threshold to using them. Probably best to just do a hard reset with the next one dropped instead of postponing it a few years.

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Jesus Christ I’ve decried military spending numerous times on this board. Not everything is political IP, as hard as that may be for you to accept.

But if you wanna get political the idea your beloved Democrat party is anymore free of sin for bloating the military complex spending over the years I’ve got some bad news for my guy

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was joking. I had just said it was house money anyway.

6. gcbvol

Who to blame then? We built the tools of destruction and would be the ones to use them. It's all us. There is no Skynet.

SetVol13, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not my beloved. I was just startled that you thought millennials in particular have some special status.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wouldn't say deserve, but it would hardly be spontaneous or not flirted with.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I wasn’t the first person to invoke generations. Simply invoked my generation as an attempt to make a point. A point that clearly didn’t imply I think that “millennial are special or superior” to other generations. Let’s not start making up shit and applying intentions to others based on nonexistent things being said.

10. gcbvol

@ole_orange, I'm not trying to be an asshole. I understand the concern around a nuclear back and forth. It messed me up for a while as a kid. Bad nightmares and constant worry. I get it. I don't want it to happen and you don't "deserve" it. I'm only saying humanity is the reason this is possible, so if it does come to be we are the collective reason. Deserved or not.

SetVol13 likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just read it wrong i guess.

Focus on what you can control. I don't think anyone wants a nuclear exchange, and I think putin and Biden understand the gravity of the moves.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

In this scenario I would assign blame to the handful of individuals that would determine the fate of billions of humans should they actually resort to global nuclear catastrophe. The mere existence of nuclear weapons versus choosing to actually use them for a nuclear holocaust are two totally separate concepts. One can view nuclear weapons as a means to either destroy humanity or their mere existence could be viewed as a means to ensure the reality of mutual destruction will prevent billions from dying in WW3. It’s all about how our leaders interpret this delicate paradox.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I literally pray to God you are right.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I think I understand what you meant now by your perspective, I just get rattled by the notion we collectively “deserve” this. We suck ass and always have sucked ass in many ways as a collective species, but we also are a pretty remarkable species who has achieved incredible feats. We have beautiful story going that doesn’t “deserve” to end in nuclear fire.

gcbvol likes this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

One more idea I’ll add to this thought: we might actually need our nuclear weapons one day to potentially save the Earth from an existential threat like an asteroid. Should we prevail at nuking an existential asteroid before it reaches us, every single species on Earth will have nobody to thank except humans for saving the planet from guaranteed mass extinction all because humanity collectively created nuclear weapons in the first place. It’s not about what we’ve created as a collective species, but rather how we harness and apply the technologies created.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Not sure that is helpful in this situation. He killed everyone on earth* except for a single family because he was in a bad mood, so I feel like he would be pro-nuclear holocaust.

*allegedly

JudgmentVol likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

bruce-willis-armageddon-gettyimages-51095228.jpg

ole_orange likes this.
  18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I pray to the white Jesus god that personally descended down to Independence Hall as our founding fathers transcribed the Constitution, not some Old Testament heathen god hellbent on death and vengeance

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Betcha the folks of Earth in the fictional world of Armageddon were thankful for humanity creating nukes before an asteroid the size of Texas destroyed their world

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

They sure would be envious of our Earth, which demonstrated the capability to deflect asteroids without nukes 2 weeks ago.