Un-f'n-beilievable!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by YankeeVol, Oct 1, 2016.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Crompton?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Possibly

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Anyone with half a brain knows I am not a Butch Jones fan, and I deplore our offensive scheme. But I am going to enjoy the win yesterday, the season so far, and wait until ATM game before I start criticizing. He has not changed my opinion of him, but I will give credit to the team for a never give up attitude. If you put blame on coaching for all ills, you in fairness have to give credit for this attitude to the coaches.

I have a tendency to find the negatives when It comes to UT Football, but I am overlooking them this week, because it feels much better to do so. It's been way too long since I felt this way.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Losing Josh Smith. Probably won't even attempt a pass without him.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Higher on Rivals, which is what I always look at.

Now that I think about it though, I believe Crompdaddy was a 5 star on scout.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was a 5 star on one of them

7. chavisut

Haha he's actually a RS junior.

He is hot and cold. I still think he came down with that sideline grab.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm not sure. He's from the Nashville area I believe.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Really? Both RBs gone, new QB. The offense will actually be worse, if that's possible and D is losing 3 NFL types. We don't have replacement for Sutton and I haven't seen one for Maybin. We probably do OK where Barnett is.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just keep filling your canteen with it. Don't know when it will end.

11. chavisut

Absolutely.

How can anyone even consider Sutton and JRM losses for next year when they're not playing this year?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You forgot the offense. How is it going to get better? Are you having a dream?

You're not going to like the guys that slam it on us.

13. chavisut

Didn't forget. Not sure it gets better. Depends on QB. Backs lost sting. Need incoming freshman to be legit. I like him. The rest remains the same.

I do believe the defense can be better.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

JG can actually throw the ball.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Excellent post and this is exactly where I am. Not many on this site disagree on the fact that we lack in the coaching department. But Anyone miserable with dumb coaching after beating UF and UGA in the same season for the first time in 12 years is just silly. Will the griping return after we finally lose? I'm sure it will, but it just feels good to win games that matter again.

16. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Do we think Hurd is lock to be a top 2 round draft pick? Sincere question. I have a hard time gauging where RBs get drafted, and with the likes of Fournette and Chubb out there, too, I find it even harder.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

If we keep playing 2 LBs and 6 in the box, the UGAs and ALs are going to absolutely mash on us. We either adjust game to game or our LB play is going to kill us. The DL and safety play is strong. The corner and LB play is horrendous.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Regardless, he is taking a lot of punishment and I doubt he could do a whole lot next year to raise his stock. He should declare.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm gonna take this as a medical opinion

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm gonna take this as a medical opinion